Women and DIY

Just been to see Lou. I knocked down her pantry wall over the weekend
(she had a go but I did most it) as per earlier post.
1. She had the skip delivered onto her driveway boxing my car in [1].
2. She offered to start washing the van whilst I chopped up the door
frame to fit into the skip. So she gave the van a pre hose down with the
windows open.
3. Complained that she was on a water meter and I was costing her money
to wash the van.
4. Asked to "borrow" £100 for the skip.
5. Complained again about me having a piss out the back door on Saturday
night.
6. Asked if I could fit spotlights in the kitchen.
7. Complained that her 16 year old son could only carry one brick at a
time to the skip.
8. Threw the reusable rubble sacks at the bottom of the skip instead of
emptying them into the skip.
9. Complained that I did not fetch wine or flowers
10. Offered to stop at mine on Saturday night.
Strange that no 10 made me forgive her.
[1] She played hell up last time when I removed a fence panel and wheel
spun it across the back lawn to get out.
Reply to
ARW
Women mostly don't do the hard & hazardous jobs, so they have expectations that don't fit much DIY.
NT
Reply to
tabbypurr
Until they get divorced, then they learn how to load logs on a trailer and use a chainsaw to feed the woodburner ...
Reply to
Andy Burns
She just happens to be a woman, I know plenty of blokes with no attention to think before you do things. Indeed a now sadly dead lady friend of mine was not only a good DIYer but when enjoyed bricklaying as well. So I guess it depends where your talents lie in this world. My frien died too young of cancer who said this world was fair. Brian
Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa)
In message , Andrew writes
However, next door's daughter's boyfriend was confused as to why a masonry drill was having problems making a hole in wood. He claims that he used to be a kitchen fitter.
Adrian
Reply to
Adrian

Site Timeline Threads