Why are motors not current limited?

I see around 124/248 here. There does not seem to be much adjustment on the transformers either. I only see an input voltage switch.

Reply to
gfretwell

Some disabled folk I ask if they want help with something get very annoyed and say, "I can manage myself!"

So I tend to only ask if I'm sure they're struggling, like trying to reach a high shelf in a supermarket.

Reply to
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife

I try not to, I just say, "Do you need a hand with that?"

Reply to
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife

The electrician from the power company that came out when I complained said there are tappings they can adjust, but they're not required to. He then grumbled that the new guy in charge of them didn't care much and just made them within legal specs, whereas the old guy used to make them precisely in the middle.

To be fair that transformer probably supplies 50 houses, and I'm only just over the road from it, so I'll have less voltage drop than others, so I guess mine has to be above average.

Reply to
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife

Our color codes were very stable for over 100 years, until we started importing all of that European stuff. Then neutrals started being blue and we started getting confusing colors on disconnects.

Reply to
gfretwell

esting the voltage with a meter helps.

Same here. But I'm surprised the EU nuts made their way to America.

-- =

While most Americans believe that getting rid of religion is an impossib= le goal, much of the developed world has already accomplished it. Any ac= count of a =E2=80=9Dgod gene=E2=80=9C that causes the majority of Americ= ans to helplessly organize their lives around ancient works of religious= fiction must explain why so many inhabitants of other First World socie= ties apparently lack such a gene. The level of atheism throughout the re= st of the developed world refutes any argument that religion is somehow = a moral necessity. Countries like Norway, Iceland, Australia, Canada, Sw= eden, Switzerland, Belgium, Japan, the Netherlands, Denmark and the Unit= ed Kingdom are among the least religious societies on Earth. According t= o the United Nations=E2=80=99 Human Development Report (2005) they are a= lso the healthiest, as indicated by measures of life expectancy, adult l= iteracy, per capita income, educational attainment, gender equality, hom= icide rate and infant mortality. Conversely, the 50 nations now ranked l= owest in =

terms of human development are unwaveringly religious.

--Sam Harris (An Atheist Manifesto)

Reply to
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife