BIG mower

I want this. The Americans will probably already have one for their "yard".

Jimmy Wilkinson Knife

That's a bayou Fairway mower.

Reply to
Clare Snyder

What would the price range be ? Where's the post-hole auger ? It does look cool though - I want my imaginary good rich neighbour to buy one - so I can borrow it ! John T.

Reply to
hubops

Where's the cab with air conditioning and Sirius radio?

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

A decent designer would have it inform me to change the oil.

Reply to
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife

There are bits of my garden I could use one of those on, since they're too steep for my 48" John Deere ride-on. But not enough to justify the cost.

Reply to
Huge

Check this one out:

Normally sold to state and local governments for maintaining sloping roadside areas.

I bought one of these for my 200 acre farm so I could mow the areas that the hay crew refused to touch because they were so steep. Advertised as safe to 45 degrees, but I had it to 55 degrees. In fact, I am convinced it is impossible to roll it, unless you drop it off the edge of a cliff. Real fun, too.

-dan z-

Reply to
slate_leeper

Oh that looks fun!

Reply to
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife

More than a small car?!?

Reply to
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife

Much more practical than the Brielmaier. And for Americans without the hassle of shipping one across the ocean.

I hope you got the rotary beacon option!

Don.

(e-mail link at home page bottom).

Reply to
Don Wiss

You mean handy for lazy folk who want to sit down.

You missed out "big fat".

Why is it that when you transport something by car, it's called a shipment, but when you transport something by ship, it's called cargo?

Reply to
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife

Looks like a big old Gravely

Reply to
Clare Snyder

Cheaper to get a goat or three.

Reply to
Morph

Goats eat everything except the grass.

Reply to
Huge

I don't have to eat on a timed basis, I eat when my stomach says I'm hungry. I don't have to remember to put petrol in the car, the guage tells me when it needs topping up.

Reply to
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife

Mine cost $46,000 delivered to my farm in Tennessee and including one day of demo and hands-on instruction. That was in 2006. Sold the farm last year and sold the machine to another farmer in Alabama for $15K. Of course the depreciation tax deductions for the first eight years were very helpful. Most helpful was maintaining the value of cleared land versus the value of overgrown and wooded land. That paid off when I sold the farm.

The new owner of the place declined purchasing the machine. I think he will regret that eventually.

-dan z-

Reply to
slate_leeper

Why are they so expensive? Think how much car you could buy for $46,000.

Reply to
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife

There is a company near here that rents out goats for just that purpose. They will even put in temporary fences. Of course for that many acres, that would cost more than the machine. How many goats would you need? Then there are the plentiful coyotes.

When I bought the property, my CPA valued the existing fencing at $42K for depreciation purposes.

-dan z-

Reply to
slate_leeper

$42K for a fence?!? Do you like in the outback of Australia and have 10 million acres or something?

Reply to
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife

+1.

Sheep or rabbits are what you need