USPS slowdown

Plenty of rusted on dems are voting for Biden.

Plenty of rusted on dem voters would.

Plenty want both.

They don?t generally agree that his platform would lead to lawlessness.

Reply to
invalid unparseable

Trump did well in this state but while many of the Republican voters don't like Democrats they aren't that big on name brand Republicans either. Trump was enough of a wild card to generate hope.

It's the sort of state where people voted for McCain hoping he would shuffle off the mortal coil and leave Palin in charge.

Reply to
rbowman

Joe's refusal to say if he supports expanding the Supreme Court is getting old. Both he and Harris are perfecting the Pelosi 'elect us to find out what we're going to do' ploy.

Reply to
rbowman

Yes he has with not putting more troops into military adventurism outside the USA and with the tariff changes. And there is no need to remove either of those, they are ongoing.

Reply to
invalid unparseable

Some of the more radical dems are.

Reply to
invalid unparseable

Harris and Biden can duke it out whether illegal border crossings should be decriminalized, an Orwellian word meaning legalized. She's for, he's against.

Reply to
rbowman

The government has no problem making money off alcohol sales which arguably has a greater negative impact than gambling addiction.

Reply to
rbowman

Maybe they will build a wall. Good chance they can get Mexico to pay for it too. I bet nobody ever thought about it or we'd have one already.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Yes, you might be right.

From Wikp

I'm excluding issues on which he's conservative, to shhow that there have been some areas in which he wasn't, and yet he cowed before stumpie

Alexander... in 2002. Seen as a moderate Republican by Tennessee standards, his candidacy was vigorously opposed by conservative ---According to the 2009 annual vote studies by Congressional Quarterly, Alexander is one of the most bipartisan Republican members of the Senate. ] According to National Journal's 2009 Vote Ratings, he was ranked as the 32nd most conservative member in the Senate.[53]

Alexander broke ranks with conservative Senate Republicans when he announced his support for the nomination of Supreme Court nominee Sonia Sotomayor.[

National security Alexander critiqued President Donald Trump's 2017 executive order to temporarily curtail immigration from 7 Muslim-majority countries that were claimed to have increased terrorism risk until better screening methods were devised. He stated that the executive order was "inconsistent with our American character."

Here he has an enormours partisan double standard: Judiciary In March 2016, around seven months before the next presidential election, Alexander declared his opposition to the Senate considering President Obama's nominee to the Supreme Court. Alexander said: "I believe it is reasonable to give the American people a voice by allowing the next president to fill this lifetime appointment to the Supreme Court." In September 2020, with less than two months to the next presidential election, Alexander supported an immediate vote on President Trump's nominee to fill the Supreme Court vacancy caused by the death of justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg. Alexander declared that "even during a presidential election year", "no one should be surprised that a Republican Senate majority would vote on a Republican president?s Supreme Court nomination".[64]

Enough. Maybe I'll report on the other two tomorrow.

Reply to
micky

In contradiction with what that other webpage said, Wikip says Mike Espy is the Rep. candidate this year.

Reply to
micky

On 10/11/2020 9:32 PM, RosemontCrest wrote: ...

So Hilary would have done? Right.

Reply to
dpb

That's KS, too...

Reply to
dpb

I didn't see that in the position paper on his web site.

Cindy Hamilton

Reply to
angelica...

ALL attacks on law and order and the 2nd amendment have come from the "defund the police" democrats.

Reply to
Jerry Nadler

He's in a "damned if you do; damned if you don't" situation. They might as well ask if it's stopped beating his wife.

I conjecture that he's not really in favor of expanding the Supreme Court because he knows the next time the pendulum swung the other way the Republicans would do it, and do it harder. Then we'd end up with

1000 people on the Supreme Court and the whole thing would be a farce.

Or he could be waiting to see if the Senate can actually vote Barrett in. If they don't, then it's a moot question.

Cindy Hamilton

Reply to
angelica...

Yep, we're probably in for over a decade of democratic rule now since the republicans showed how they favor party over country. I hope we survive.

Reply to
FromTheRafters

I would favor that but it is not my top priority. Even with complete republican control he could not get rid of Obamacare thanks to RINO's like McCain. The swamp is still fighting him and that includes some republicans.

Reply to
invalid unparseable

I know you will not understand this but look at the remark of Biden's website about not allowing poor suffering people into the country when they apply and making them wait for our response while having to remain out of the country.

These people come in and disappear into our population.

Reply to
invalid unparseable

No, he said it in the past. That is the direction they will proceed in if they get the opportunity. You have to read between the lines.

Reply to
invalid unparseable

'Assault rifle' can be expanded to cover anything in DemSpeak.

Reply to
rbowman