USPS slowdown

I do not know what your husband has but make sure he also reads this:

invalid unparseable

He would need to go through Congress. Even if both houses were held by Democrats, how well do you think that would actually go?

Cindy Hamilton

Reply to
angelica...

I'm pretty sure his AR-type rifle would be considered an assault weapon. Perhaps another that's fitted with a bullpup stock. And quite possibly the semi-auto shotgun that he can no longer shoulder.

We both have already voted for Biden.

Cindy Hamilton

Reply to
angelica...

Some of that is just common sense stuff, such as storing weapons properly. Buy backs have been around for decades. Much will never happen. I see nothing that he is taking away legal guns.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

The Montana Firearms Freedom Act was a 10th Amendment troll:

It could never get past the hyper-liberal 9th Circuit but it's still on the books. fwiw, the governor who signed it into law was Brian Schweitzer, a Democrat. Schweitzer was no stranger to the veto, using a branding iron to veto some bills that really pissed him off, but he was behind this one.

Gary Marbut and the Montana Shooting Sports Association had a big part in crafting the FFA and also played a part in the current resolution that will not let liberal cities like Missoula write their own restrictive firearms laws.

Reply to
rbowman

Yes, that?s what I meant with the comment about both houses.

The problem the last time was that enough of the dems in congress got scared off by the gun lobbies saying that they would go after them for their seats if they passed his gun law changes. That wouldn?t likely scare enough this time just after they had got both houses and had the prez and were going all out to get everything they could done before the mid terms.

Reply to
invalid unparseable

Does your husband have any semi-automatic firearms? Joe thinks anything beyond a double barrel shotgun should be illegal.

Reply to
rbowman

How did it go in California? New York?

Reply to
rbowman

"Buy back the assault weapons and high-capacity magazines already in our communities. Biden will also institute a program to buy back weapons of war currently on our streets. This will give individuals who now possess assault weapons or high-capacity magazines two options: sell the weapons to the government, or register them under the National Firearms Act."

Presumably that would include paying the $200 NFA tax on every 'assault weapon' although Joe wouldn't know an assault weapon if it was shoved up his ass sideways.

Maybe much will never happen but given the potential of what will happen I'd vote for a rabid skunk before a Democrat. That's before even getting into their fascination with identity politics and wars.

Reply to
rbowman

If the Democrats take over congress and the president I think it will get very far. Do you remember about 30 years ago there was a ban on selling new guns like the AR-15 and magazines that held over 10 rounds. That law did have a provision that after 10 years it would come up for review and the review failed, probably because there was enough Republicans in congress.

It is sort of funny about some of the laws in different countries. Some countries ban many kinds of firearms but require the suppressors on many of them because of the noise they make. In the US you can buy many kinds of guns with out much problem, but have to pay a tax and do all kinds of forms to have a suppressor.

Look at New York and see how much trouble it is to have a hand gun. Some other parts are the same way . Washington DC was the same way and may still be somewhat. However it did not stop Ted Kennedy (who was very much against guns) from having 2 body guards from trying to walk into congress with fully automatic guns under their coats.

It seems to me that this country is really screwed up in the Supreme Court. They let a killer off just because the cop did not read him his rights when arrested, but let all kinds of gun laws pass even though the Constitution says the rights shall not be infringed upon.

Reply to
Ralph Mowery

I dunno whether it's related or not, but the USPS has taken all the trash containers out of the lobby of the PO here as of about two weeks ago so there's nowhere to dump it. I've just been leaving it laying on the counter if there's nothing more than the address to be had...so far, none of it has shown up in the box a second time. :)

Reply to
dpb

I cant think of any current first world country that does that.

Reply to
invalid unparseable

That's the problem -- the midterms. Gun sales are setting records and I doubt it's existing gun owners buying more guns. Are the new owners going to vote for a pol that took their shiny new AR away?

There is no question gun lobbies have their effect but in many states I don't think it's quite as important as the Dems like to think.

Reply to
rbowman

YOu may have me on a technacality.

In Europe they are usually called moderators.

Here is a list of some countries where they are not regulated or mostly regulated to the same extent of any gun. That is you need paper work to buy a gun and the same paper work for the moderator.

France Norway Poland Ukraine are some that I would think of as first world countries, well, maybe not Poland. They have no restrictions and anyone can buy the moderators.

In the UK it is difficult to get a gun, but if you can, not difficult for the moderator.

Many of the countries look on it as a health issue and it is concidered rude to shoot without them.

Reply to
Ralph Mowery

No, but it is less clear if there are enough pissed off enough about Trump to deliver both houses to the dems this time.

It clearly was the reason Biden didn?t manage to get his most recent gun laws thru Congress.

Another very effective operation by the gun lobby.

Reply to
invalid unparseable

I cant think of a single european country that allows the use of moderators on handguns except in ranges.

But plenty don't allow anyone to have military weapons or even handguns.

Agreed.

But not military weapons or handguns.

Not outside, only with indoor ranges.

And it makes more sense to use ear protection on the shooters and others nearby.

Reply to
invalid unparseable

His platform is a starting point and it is obvious the direction he is heading.

I glanced at his immigration platform and similarly it does not say it but it points to open borders.

Reply to
invalid unparseable

Too late, they already voted for Biden.

I think one big reason the dems are pushing for early mail in ballots is that it does not give people the time to closely evaluate his platform which they may not like.

I mentioned surprised that they have a commercial toting no cash bail. Anyone that has seen what is happening in NYC would be a fool to support it.

Reply to
invalid unparseable

I don't believe any require them specifically but the first world countries are all over the map as far as purchasing and use. Like many things Hollywood has colored the public's perception. A 30 dB reduction does not equal a mouse fart.

The manufacturers are offering threaded barrels on a number of models. I wonder how many people go through the hoops and pay $200 to have something to screw on?

Reply to
rbowman

My Mosin Nagant could use a moderator even on an outdoor range. The Eastern bloc countries didn't spare the powder. For something roughly equivalent to a .30-06 it tends to get quite a few 'What the hell is that?' on the public range.

Reply to
rbowman