Square D electrical panel question

Why is America cheaper for everything? There's a phrase "rip off Britain" but nobody knows why it's the case.

It's our bloody NHS that saps the money. And I see Obama is doing the same.

I don't get to choose.
-- Advice given to RAF pilots during WWII: "When a prang seems inevitable, endeavour to strike the softest, cheapest object in the vicinity as slowly and gently as possible."

The pump is really the main usage. I have solar heat and a gas heater but we never use the gas. Most people in the world would say our pool was always warm enough. It is about 20 now, I will get in it when it is 23 and my wife likes 29 or more. That is most of the summer tho. The solars will extend the season for me to about 9 months and in the 3 when it is too cold to get in the pool I switch the solars over to the spa. I can usually get 38 or more for free in the solars.

Did you move your ground wire to the ground bus?
--
.
Christopher A. Young

Public transport sux :-)
--
Hickory dickory dock, three mice ran up the clock. The clock struck one, and the others got away with minor injuries.

All those temperatures are way too warm for me. 20 is the maximum I want to sit still in water. 15 if I'm swimming. Maximum. There is no minimum.
--
I got into trouble on my last date.
I didn't open the car door for her.
On Sat, 05 Mar 2016 14:50:19 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

I thought 240 was indeed more deadly than 120 and that more people died of shocks, per capita, in the UK than here. How could 240 not be more deadly than 120?

Isn't it the case that if either of them goes through your heart it can kill you? Anything over 80 volts or something like that is all the same.
The only difference is that much higher voltages can burn your skin, or jump across gaps where you least expect it. But that's kV.
--
Take notice: when this sign is under water, this road is impassable.

On Sunday, March 6, 2016 at 10:00:21 AM UTC-5, Mr Macaw wrote:

It's the current that kills. Not sure on the numbers, but maybe on the order of 30ma and above can effect the heart rhythm. The human body has some resistance, X. If you put 240V across that, you're going to get 2x the current as you do with 120V. But.... That's really a red herring the way the system works here. To get 240V you'd have to be across both hot wires, which is extremely unlikely. Most common is for you to connect between one hot wire and ground, like standing in water, touching an appliance case, faucet, etc. In that case you'd still only get 120V. Between each hot and ground you have 120V. Not sure how it works over there.
On Sun, 6 Mar 2016 09:12:14 -0800 (PST), trader_4

You're thinking about the USA.
Mr. Macaw just posted that the two wires coming into his home in the UK were 240 and 0.
The comparison I had made was between the UK and the USA, and I said I thought more people died of shocks, per capita, in the UK than the USA.

On Sunday, March 6, 2016 at 4:12:56 PM UTC-5, Micky wrote:

Once again, you're right Sherlock. It was a dead give away when a couple of sentences later I ended with:
"Not sure how it works over there. "

That would definitely be true if all Britts had as little regard for code, the rule of law and safe electrical practices as Macaw does.
There are a lot of "bodgers" in the UK - and the competency of many of them leaves a whole lot to be desired. In the UK, Mc Guyver would be an absolute genius.
On Sunday, March 6, 2016 at 7:04:52 PM UTC-5, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

The Birdman is an idiot. Just reading some of the stuff he says in this thread should make me laugh, but it's just so, so sad.

On Sun, 6 Mar 2016 16:37:37 -0800 (PST), DerbyDad03

I only see the idiot's posts when someone replies to him. He's definitely a barmy git who's totally lost the plot, as they say - and as daft as a bush to boot. - a real wazzock fer sure.
On Sunday, March 6, 2016 at 8:22:10 PM UTC-5, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

At the rate you're blocking people, pretty soon you'll just be talking to yourself. Which helps explain why you're wrong so often. You just listen to yourself.

What do you expect from a gay Canadian?
--
Please be bending short long rod before inserting the output firmly inwards to save health unwellness.

That's because you don't have a clue how to operate a killfile. I can killfile a person and every reply to it underneath ad infinitum.
--
The world record for a talking bird is 1728 words by a budgerigar named Puck, having the same vocabulary as an estate agent.

I'm not a wimpy pessimist. And I've had about 6 240V shocks. None of them killed me funnily enough, yet people worry about getting only one.
--
A lady says to her doctor: "My husband has a habit of talking in his sleep! What should I give him to cure it?"
The doctor replies: "Give him the opportunity to speak while he's awake!"

My point was 30mA could be achieved just as easily with 120V. Making it higher than enough to kill you doesn't matter.
--
Mary had a little sheep
She took it to her bed to sleep
On Thursday, March 10, 2016 at 6:54:16 AM UTC-5, Mr Macaw wrote:

30ma can't be achieved just as easily with 120V as with 240V. The human body has resistance, tap water has resistance, etc. Under the same conditions where 30ma is going through you at 240V, you'd only have about half that at 120V.

I disagree. The resistance isn't enough to get anything like as low as 30mA with either voltage. Why do you think circuit breakers manage to trip when you touch live and earth? They need 30mA to trip.
--
Caution: Always engage brain before operating mouth.