Square D electrical panel question

De-caf is as sensible as diet chocolate.
--
If you lose your keys, attempt to drown yourself in a basin of water. Your life will flash before your eyes. Eventually you'll remember the part where you last had your keys.

On 03/15/2016 05:13 PM, Mr Macaw wrote:
[snip]

Better than fat-free lard.
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/
On 3/15/2016 5:13 PM, Mr Macaw wrote:

You mean .. dark chocolate?
--
Maggie

Instant coffee? Yuk

Helps if you connect the ground to the ground bar.
On Saturday, March 12, 2016 at 8:17:09 PM UTC-5, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

The only good use for instant coffee is for cooking/baking.
Trying to use "liquid coffee" to impart coffee flavor is really hard because it tends to mess up the liquid content. In some cases it would take more liquid coffee than all the liquid called for in the recipe. Sometimes you can squeak by with expresso, but that's rare.
Freeze dried instant is better than spray dried.

What's the point in a drink you have to spend ages preparing?
--
An Ohio teen has pleaded innocent to stealing his mother's credit card to pay for a friend's breast enlargement surgery.
Police say it's lucky they caught the guy quickly; otherwise, it may have turned into a bigger bust.

A couple minutes is not ages and we usually make it a pot at a time. Most coffee makers have a timer and people set it for about the time they wake up. By the time you get to the kitchen, the coffee is ready.
On Wednesday, March 16, 2016 at 2:10:21 PM UTC-4, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

If you want to talk about wasting time, let's talk about responding to the idiotic things that Birdbrain says.
Now there's a waste of time.
On Wed, 16 Mar 2016 15:31:17 -0700 (PDT), DerbyDad03

+50 - or more

The bloody EU is trying to limit the wattage of vacuum cleaners and hairdryers in the interest of carbon bullshit. What a bunch of loonies.

Ours don't get warm. My vacuum that uses 1000W at 230V is an 8A flex.

Mine exploded. I used it to hoover up damp mess from a parrot aviary.

So all cords you plug in can take the full 15A of the breaker in the box then? If not, they should be fused. Especially an extension cord with more than one socket on the end.

I almost gave the "health and softy officer" at my last place of work a heart attack many times. To reach the ceiling to change the bulb in a projector, I placed 9 square desks in a 3x3 arrangement, 2x2 on that, then 1 on that. Then I climbed the pyramid and changed the bulb. She happened to walk in while I was doing it and said "I didn't see that!" then ran off. When she discovered I'd climbed onto the sloped roof of the two storey building to adjust a satellite dish for internet reception after strong winds, she almost cried.

Er..... you need to GFCI a low voltage but not the more dangerous 240?!

Yes, but the time taken from switching it on to getting the first cup of coffee would piss me off. I want it ready within 30 seconds of me wanting it.

I would accept that if you ONLY had 120V. But since you have the 240V available, why not use it? If I moved there, I'd likely change every damn outlet to 240V.

Isn't it historical to do with knights and holding swords?
--
Michael Buerk on watching Phillipa Forrester cuddle up to a male astronomer for warmth during BBC1's UK eclipse coverage remarked: "They seem cold out there, they're rubbing each other and he's only come in his shorts."

Yup, it is like the pool pump rules here. They want 2 speed, or multiple speed pumps when the reality is as soon as you get the required water turnover, you can just turn the pump off. Mine is on a 6 hour a day timer and it stays blue.

The price we pay for 120v.

It is an issue but not serious enough to require fused plugs. I suspect it will be a reality some day. They have made 18 ga cords illegal tho and a 16 ga cord will run quite a while on 15a without getting that hot. 14ga is limited by code to 15a but the real ampacity is 20 (we don't tell people that tho)

My wife is the safety officer at her place and she would just make you get down ... as a condition of your employment. It is all about lawyers. They let them advertise on TV and you see ads like "did you get hurt doing something incredibly stupid, We can get you money. Call Dewey Cheatum and Howe".

It is just the way the law is written. Most of the outlets are 120v as is most of the portable equipment.

As someone else pointed out, the process takes longer than that, no matter how fast you can actually boil the water. The real coffee nuts will say "boiling" is too hot for coffee anyway, hence our drip machines.

You would have to bring your equipment with you. We don't have much 240v stuff except for fixed in place equipment.

I guess we usually learn how to shoot with both hands

Where does your ground cable go? To the neutral bar, or to the ground bar?
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On Saturday, March 12, 2016 at 4:20:56 PM UTC-5, Stormin Mormon wrote:

Asked and answered.
PITA
On Saturday, March 12, 2016 at 1:42:01 PM UTC-5, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

The difference is that you can run it twice as long at half the pump spped, move the same amount of water, and it saves a substantial amount of electricity used. The pump power goes up as the cube of the speed.
On Sun, 13 Mar 2016 06:15:03 -0700 (PDT), trader_4

It is all about how you size the pump. The vacuum will not run if the speed is too low. My neighbor has one of those computer controlled variable speed pumps and he had to add a timer to manually cycle it on to bypass the automatic features.,

And the owner pays for the electricity so it's nobody's business but theirs.
--
In 1977, researchers detected a strong radio signal from space that lasted 72 seconds. It hasn't been detected since.

Fuck them, buy two pumps.
--
Police cordoned off Liverpool City Centre this morning when a suspicious object was discovered in a car.
It later turned out to be a tax disc.

What about a bedside lamp? What cable does that use and is it fused at the plug?

Oh I was told not to do things, but I just disobeyed. If they want me to work there, they have to let me do it my way. Anyway, they all knew I was completely against childish lawsuit shit and would never have sued them. I take responsibility for my own actions.

Lets make the safe things safer and to hell with the dangerous things?

Not for instant. You boil the water stir in the powder and add milk.

Never heard of Ebay?

Really? Surely shooting a gun accurately is like swinging a golf club, you learn to do it one way round.
--
A government survey has shown that 91% of illegal immigrants come to this country so that they can see their own doctor.

The NEC differentiates between over current (short circuit) and overload (continuous loads exceeding the capability of the wire) An 18ga lamp cord is sufficient to handle the largest lamp that will fit in the socket and it will still hold up long enough to operate a 20a over current device in the case of a short circuit. There is no fuse in the plug. It certainly would be easy to make the case that all extension cords (14ga or less) should have fuses since the manufacturer has no control over the load but that case has not been made.

... but you still end up with a cup of nasty coffee. Instant can't compete with fresh brewed.

There is nothing in the code that prevents you from installing 240 v receptacles everywhere but they are not really that common here.

Serious shooters will usually learn to shoot well with either hand but one will always be referred to as the "weak hand". When I am training at the range I usually do both although it is clear my left is the weak one.