Special delivery (signed for post) is pointless

Before Covid mine signed for everything but Special Delivery. Helps to be nice to your postman.

That is the problem of the sender.

Reply to
Vladimir Putin

And wasted that money because it will be sent back to them at their expense.

Reply to
Vladimir Putin

Convicted of what?

Reply to
Vladimir Putin

With Li Ion batteries you need to see them, they invented the utter stupidity of not having a sticky out positive end. Now you can put them in backwards, and in some devices they don't make contact.

Reply to
Vladimir Putin

You're missing the point, I'm not talking about concrete stores. Ebay beats Amazon prices every time. And if you don't mind waiting an extra week, Ali Express is even cheaper.

Reply to
Vladimir Putin

Sticky out positive ends are so zinc carbon.

Reply to
Max Demian

Odd, smaller shops are usually more expensive.

Reply to
Vladimir Putin

The definition of size is: Hamlet: up to 100 people. Village: 100-1000 people. Town: 1000-250,000 people. City: 250,000+ people.

Another definition is: Hamlet: A group of houses. Village: Primary school, few shops, post office, village hall. Town: Lots of houses, primary and secondary schools, as well as sometimes having a railway station and shopping centre. City: Usually has hospitals, sports facilities, universities, shops, offices, many houses and often a cathedral.

Reply to
Vladimir Putin

Plenty of villages don't have that.

Plenty only have one.

Plenty of villages don't have that.

Plenty of villages don't have that.

Reply to
Rod Speed

That's what sort by price is for. I buy food from Tesco (home delivery), and everything else from Ebay or Ali Express.

Local is only used by me if it's urgent or extremely heavy, otherwise I don't see the point. They cost far more and take up my time.

Don't you mean businesswoman?

Why? Why not jsut do what makes sense to your wallet?

Anyway Ebay sellers are also small businesses.

I don't do repeat business, I look for the cheapest each time.

Reply to
Vladimir Putin

That happened to me once, I knocked and heard a bell ring. Rather weird.

Reply to
Vladimir Putin

Eyebrows serve no purpose.

Reply to
Vladimir Putin

You're incapable of filling/painting over holes?

Then don't answer idiots who can't push the button. Or do what I do, open the door, press the doorbell yourself, then say "New technology, you should try it sometime" and close the door in their face.

Reply to
Vladimir Putin

I don't understand people who have houses without front gardens, or even worse houses without driveways and litter the street with their cars.

Reply to
Vladimir Putin

Many of those houses were built before the automobile was invented. The builders should have anticipated the future.

Reply to
Ed P

Eyebrows stop sweat or rain running from the forehead into the eyes.

Reply to
SteveW

That explains those odd stone blocks you sometimes see that were an aid to mounting horses.

Reply to
rbowman

They do, but since you don't do any kind of work, I doubt any sweat will run off your head into your eyes.

So you wouldn't appreciate their existence, or what they do.

Reply to
Fredxx

Indeed. They should in fact probably be torn down. but they were our generation's 'affordable starter homes'

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Not really. It's obvious you haven't really experienced either...

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher