Special delivery (signed for post) is pointless

All ours have been "Parcel left in blue bin" or similar.

Reply to
SteveW

Still can. In fact I have had the door tag left when I am at home waiting for the delivery - with the "please ring bell" sign.Then I have to wait 'till the next day and drive a mile to pick it up.

Reply to
Clare Snyder

If They do ring the bell, and I can, I open the door and thank them.

It does not happen often.

Reply to
Bob F

This has not changed, why do you think it has?

But I will not play around to collect a simple envelope. I will not drive to another town to collect it. If it doesn't come through my letterbox, as far as I'm concerned it was never posted to me. It can go back to the utterly incompetant sender and they can use a normal f****ng stamp.

Reply to
Vladimir Putin

Never heard of CCTV? Someone steals something from my doorstep, their picture is shared with the police.

Reply to
Vladimir Putin

Why the f*ck do you have a knocker if you don't want them to use it?

I have a doorbell and nothing else, but the fuckwits still bang the door with their knuckles like cavemen. Sometimes I don't bother replying.

Reply to
Vladimir Putin

Why did you feel the need to add "that" to your sentence? Try again, repeat after me:

"The problem is Democrats don't jail criminals."

Reply to
Vladimir Putin

I get it quicker than the postie. I get the text, then watch him walking up the drive.

Reply to
Vladimir Putin

You do realize just about every single company on the planet is cheaper than rip off Amazon?

Reply to
Vladimir Putin

No, most of what I buy from them is about the same often cheaper. Factor in the cost of going some distance to a store too. A couple of things are not readily available elsewhere.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

And????? Many have their face covered and the vehicle out of sight. It may help, but is far from perfect. I've seen many of the video and most are useless to track anyone.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

I agree with that. On Tuesday, we needed a new kettle. Not only was Amazon cheaper than Currys, they delivered on the same day - saving me a 15 mile round trip.

Reply to
charles

I was in a small convenience store local to me and staffed by one person who after serving me at the till went back to immediately filling shelves. Just inside the entrance to the shop was the latest delivery by one of the package carriers. I could have just have had my pick of the packages left there and exited the shop within seconds.

Reply to
alan_m

Its worse than that. Sometimes they go missing yet post office reckon they have a signatory. Probably in some other town for all I know. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Character House ?. "keeping up appearances" (Hyacinth Bucket)

Reply to
Andrew

They'd like to jail trump though

Reply to
Andrew

This morning I just walked down to the village main street and bought a new toaster from one of the two independent electrical retailers that we have, paid for it and walked with the goods.

No waiting for a delivery, no realising that what I thought I was getting (based on website photos) was not the same as the actual product.

I took a tape measure with me and went round all the dozen or so toasters on display and chose the one that had a slot size big enough for my needs (most toasters are now only capable of taking a crumpet or a slice of 'milk loaf'.)

Many online sellers only show the overall product size and not the slot size !. Even the expensive Dualit toasters only have slots that are 140mm long. This Russell Hobbs toaster has 160mm slots and quite deep too.

Reply to
Andrew

I have a delivery coming today, I did not see the need to measure the batteries, water filter, granulated garlic. Would have bee driving to three different stores. Saves time and fuel.

Reply to
Ed P

You've obviously got a very large village.

Reply to
charles

Because the Postman, during COVID (and it has continued since), has signed on the machine himself when pushing the letter through the letterbox, so I have had no need to go to the depot, as I used to have to do.

Hard luck if that is an important legal document that times out because you have failed to pick it up.

Reply to
SteveW