Special delivery (signed for post) is pointless

Ignoring posties "faking" signatures, are you saying they don't leave "you were out" cards at all now?

Reply to
Andy Burns

I always assumed the photo contained GPS EXIF data but never actually checked it.

Reply to
Skid Marks

If you live in a blue area infected with package thieving DEMOCRATS, get a large package drop box and a motion sensor that triggers a buzzer inside your house.

Reply to
Skid Marks

Not at all, especially where there is GPS info of the actual delivery. It means I now have a legitimate case against the mail order company that I never received it and get them to sort it out or send another.

And if it bears no relation to the actual doorstep/paths/grass then all the more reason to pursue with the mail order company and/or courier.

Reply to
Fredxx

I assume you have never attempted to call a UK courier company about a missing parcel or one they have claimed to have delivered but has never turned up.

Reply to
alan_m

Right after they started asking for signatures, 35 years ago, I started putting into my shipping address

M. Spillane No Signature Required

Later I added Please hide from view to left

Once in a while a webpage complains that it's in the first address line but it doesn't look like an address, but usually you can insist and it will take it. Then I put my real street address in the 2nd address line.

One time the mailman actually thanked me for "No signature required".

I used to be more concerned, but I've found that many of my own neighbors don't reqlize my townhouse is here. The first owner planted bushes and trees and it's on an offshoot of the sidewalk.

When kids used to walk by, 30 or 40 a day on school days, JHS in one direction and HS kids in the other, I worried one of them might see a package and take it, but the odds on that were slim and then a tree fell where they would cross the stream (50 feet past my house) and it was much harder to cross anywhere else, and they stopped coming. Now the woods on the other side of the stream are overgrown, and since it's been more than 3 years, no kid is left who once went that way.

So the line about putting the package to the left is followed sometimes and ignored other times, but I'm not worried anymore. Sometimes they even put things on the bench where it's totally visible to someone in front of my house, but no one walks that way.

One time the mailman left a box of new checks on the garden hose dispenser, even though it would fit though my mail slot. I complained to him about that.

Reply to
micky

I have a similar sign, because the bell rings in almost every room in the house. The house is large and a bit rambling so this is essential.

The sign is just below the knocker, just below the bell push.

Not only do people use the knocker instead, but failing that they knock softly on the door panel. Or the window.

Reply to
Bob Eager

The problem is that Democrats don't jail criminals. Put the package thieves in jail, BOOM, problem solved. Don't blame the delivery company for the problem created by the f'ing Democrats.

And don't forget we have a border invasion so expect your theft problem to get worse.

Back in the good ol' days, we used to shoot horse thieves.

Reply to
Robert L Peters

I have, and it is a pain. Once I left a parcel at a parcel shop and it disappeared. CCTV evidence at the shop, I had a receipt for it's handover, suggested it was another courier who picked it up. After making a formal complaint to that courier asking them to name the courier-driver so I could pass a complaint of theft onto the police it turned up 3 weeks later at the intended destination, delivered by yet another courier.

That was one example and I now avoid parcel shops serving multiple couriers. I actually use Parcel2Go choosing a courier and dropping off at a local business I know and trust. They have daily pickups in the afternoon. I have often used Resolver and this gets faster responses that the equivalent chatbot or representatives.

However, when receiving goods, my best and fastest response is to contact the order company. It's also an excellent way of getting a month of Amazon Prime refunded.

Reply to
Fredxx

No, it is a benefit if delivered at the wrong address. You have evidence. No label need be shown. Just follow the chain of events.

Reply to
Ed P

Some times they do. Two days ago the Fedx man rang the doorbell and left a package.

Reply to
Ralph Mowery

Nothing is going to be 100% but the picture is just another attempt to show it was delivered to the correct address . If the picture does not look like your house then you have an idea it was delivered to another house and not stolen by the porch pirates. If it does look like your house then it was delivered and stolen by someone including the driver.

Reply to
Ralph Mowery

When I order something, with few exceptions, I wanted the item yesterday and any further delay or hassle is unwanted.

As alan_m has intimated it can be an uphill struggle to get resolution once you have missed a delivery through no fault of your own.

Reply to
Fredxx

The best of them do have the GPS location

Reply to
Rod Speed

Yes it does with the best of them.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Not going to work with the couple of cartons of beer or grog I often get.

And plenty of the delivery apes are too stupid to use them when you have one that would work too.

Makes a lot more sense to have it text your phone.

Reply to
Rod Speed
[snip]

Amazon had been sending me text messages of deliveries. They they stopped doing that.

Reply to
Mark Lloyd

I get a notice from the Amazon app on the phone and an email.

Reply to
Ed P

I seldom pay attention to my incoming texts but I'm sure there's a zigbee/zwave/wifi device that could do that.

Reply to
Dik Kraven-Moorehead

Yep, the Philips Hue movement sensors do that fine.

Can do anything you like, flash a light, text you etc.

Texting works best because it works when you aren't home too.

Reply to
Rod Speed