OT: Simple maths question

For some reason we've changed to km for walking routes.

What's wrong with pints?

Imperial annoys me because of the larger number of things to remember. And that you can't just change one to another with a multiple of 10.

The what? That sounds Jewish.

Reply to
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife
[snip]

Maybe they don't want anyone discovering that they hadn't found all the hidden drugs.

Reply to
Tim T

It's the CostCo Kirkland house brand so it doesn't say who bottled it. They are narrow and about a third again taller than a 16 ounce can. The design makes them rather unstable.

Reply to
rbowman

May be. I put the plug in the jug when 99 cents a six pack for Fort Schuyler was within my budget.

Couldn't go wrong with Fort unless you confused it with a can of dry gas. Wasn't that much difference anyway.

Reply to
rbowman

They've been in the woods too long. The theory is they were a problem as border reivers so they were shipped to the Ulster Plantation. They were still a pain in the ass so the next stop was Amerikay. They wore out their welcome in the civilized towns and moved out to the hollows where the sun doesn't shine.

The little ginger gives their heritage away.

Reply to
rbowman

The first rumors were that it was a drug forfeiture but it turned out to be a promo. Broward County Sheriffs gained a lot of press as the home of the Cowardly Lions after the school shooting.

Reply to
rbowman

What's with all the extra letters, tonnes, grammes... In the US we use tonnes to denote those Frenchified metric things, but it's strictly grams.

Reply to
rbowman

That's the better half. I raised all the hell I wanted to in Quebec with no problem. It's the damn Brits in Ontario with no sense of humor. I fondly remember one joint in Trois Rivieres. I ordered a beer and she asked if I wanted a large or a small. That was a no-brainer. Turned out a large was an Imperial quart. Classy joint, she even brought a glass with it.

Reply to
rbowman

Yiddish, but it gets around.

""Chutzpah" first appeared in a Supreme Court decision in 1998, in National Endowment for the Arts v. Finley, when Justice Antonin Scalia used it to describe the NEA's brazenness in asking for government funding."

Scalia was a good Catholic. The NEA is noted for funding such timeless art as Piss Christ.

Trump is trying defund them completely and gift them to North Korea. The NEA is constantly searching for new artists since the old ones die of AIDS.

Reply to
rbowman

You lot wouldn't know what real beer was if it bit you on your lard arses anyway.

Same with whisky and wine.

Reply to
Rod Speed

We call them rangas, short for orangutan.

Reply to
Rod Speed

This is the home of Richard's Wild Irish Rose. We knows our wines. Back in the day it was a little too sweet for me. I preferred Gallo's Heary Burgundy. 14.5% alcoholic goodness in a gallon jug for convenience.

Screw all the Eurotrash snobby stuff. Oooh, it has a hint of rotten raspberries with a delightful aftertaste of burning tires. Delightful on the tongue too.

You drink to get wasted and it's all about pennies per proof gallon. That's what I never liked about beer. Drink and piss, drink and piss. Pretty soon you've got a hangover and you haven't even gotten to a good buzz yet.

Reply to
rbowman

Which is less of a problem than wasting a whole car. I'm surprised the green activists haven't told them off.

Reply to
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife

What annoys me are 2 litre pop bottles which have weird designs of shape underneath. Instead of just being round, they have feet. And not enough of them. Easy to capsize. I know they probably do it to withstand the internal pressure, but what's wrong with a continuous ring shape?

Reply to
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife

That Conga line does look silly. I assume they were making sure nobody was the gunman?

Jimmy Wilkinson Knife

The extra letters, as you say, means metric, which is a different size. I thought there was an imperial gram (used by ancient chemists?), although I can't find it on google.

Similarly, there's gigabytes and gibibytes, but nobody pays much attention to those. One is (and I can't remember which) 1024^3 and the other is 1000^3. Disk manufacturers use it to cheat you out of a lot of storage space (7% difference, and it'll get worse with larger disks). But memory doesn't tend to as it's in powers of 2. SSDs I'm not sure how that works. Different manufacturers have different sizes. Some have hidden spare space to allow for chip failures.

Reply to
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife

I don't know why, but the American expressions "no-brainer" and "brain freeze" irritate me. You also say daft things in psychology like "left brain" as though you have two of them.

Reply to
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife

Thought as much. Jews and courts go together. A good reason to remove them form our society altogether.

That's disgusting, why would anyone want "art" containing urine? That's as bad as my cats thinking urine is a scent marker.

Reply to
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife

00k-ferrari-13094207

Zahid Khan's =A3200k Ferrari seized and CRUSHED

Must depend on how stupid the police force is.

-- =

Never play leapfrog with a unicorn!

Reply to
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife

Gingers are inferior. Do you not have those over there?

Reply to
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife