Reuse old pool liner?

We just bought a 27' above ground pool and we are wondering what the story is on just using the liner that was in it? I'm 90% sure this should be avoided but I figured I'd just ask first. Some people I've asked say no, that it'll stretch and dry out and possibly break when putting water back in. Others say it's fine, "Hell yeah, my sister-in- law's second cousin's half-brother did it and it worked great!"

But I want to hear from people who may really know the answer.

I did call one pool shop and he said no, not to reuse it. But then I wondered maybe he just wants me to buy a new $300 liner...

Thanks Cynical in NY

Reply to
smk17

I've taken out liners, patched them and put them back. No problem. Got another few years out of it.

In fact I think I had a chipmunk attack or something but I may be doing the same thing in a week or 2. Lost all the water in my pool this winter.

Reply to
Dan Espen

About 14-15 years ago we bought a used coleco above ground pool (14x21). It had been taken down by the new owner of a house down the street from ours. At that time it was about 12-15 years old but not sure. I paid $50 for the whole thing and had to replace several rusted parts but for the liner, they tore it in a couple of places, nothing real big and i was able to use the excess liner over the top (it was never trimmed back) to make patches and it has worked just fine. Only real issue I had with it was it was just about impossible to get the wrinkles completely out. I opened my pool this last week end and its still working fine.

Reply to
Mike