OT: New time zones?

Avoidance of answering the question noted.

Currently, it looks the likely victor.

Ukraine never wanted to occupy Russia, so that's entirely irrelevant.

Didn't happen to France in WW1, and even in WW2 they were liberated.

You call yourself 'Commander' Kinsey, but from the ignorance and total lack of reality of your posts, I doubt you've ever had any worthwhile military experience at all, you seem just another social media know-it-all who actually knows nothing at all.

Reply to
Java Jive

No, you couldn't even get that joke right, the original always referred to the Italians:

Why do Italian tanks have 6 gears? 5 reverse to retreat, 1 forward in case the enemy attacks from behind.

However, while it may have been funny for the children of the victors in the post-war years, now it seems merely puerile and racist, and a good enough reason to plonk the idiot who still finds it funny 70 years too late.

Reply to
Java Jive

I've long thought that, and that's why he's long been killfiled here.

Reply to
Ken Blake

I don't care for name changes. Russia is the USSR with some bits taken by the greedy west. It deserves them back.

Which of the two countries has had its towns destroyed?

If the war was just even, Ukraine would not have Russian-occupied parts of itself. You certainly can't say they're winning when Russia has advanced into their country and f***ed it up.

Other nosy countries sticking their oar in can of course change things.

You imply my choice of name implies I'm military? Oh dear.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

And yet you just replied to me....

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

It applies equally to the French, hence it's fine.

Why do you care for 7 billion people you've never met, some of which are a different species?

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Nope, supply HIRAMs and anti ship missiles that makes his tanks and apcs and frigates useless.

Reply to
Rod Speed

That would be because someone else uses DST. Its still a case of DST being a bad thing.

Reply to
Mark Lloyd
[snip]

I first got a DVR in 1999 and thought I was going to use it to be able to pause live TV. Since then I've watched almost nothing live.

BTW, this can sometimes lead to problems. Sometimes I'd be saying to someone I watched a certain show. The person would ask me "What time was it on?" or "What channel was it on?" and I wouldn't know either. Also, during a show they might announce something else that's on tonight, and "tonight" was a week ago.

Reply to
Mark Lloyd

Could you not pause live TV?

Or worse, someone watches it before someone else and tells them the conclusion.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

What amazes me is how many people complain about it like us, yet the government continues with it.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Much more convenient to watch it when you choose to instead of when they choose to broadcast it.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Ummmm... ...no.

He didn't.

Reply to
Alan

You're a bigot.

This really isn't a surprise.

Reply to
Alan

[snip]

I could, just found it easier to watch the recordings.

Yes.

Reply to
Mark Lloyd

Am 05.10.22 um 14:28 schrieb Commander Kinsey:

You already did but the shot backfired badly. Now the Brits are the *Poor Man of Western Europe*. They don't realise it yet ...

Reply to
Joerg Lorenz

Bullshit compared with Spain and Portugal.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Oh dear. Try looking at GDP figures.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Please, god, let this thread die!

Reply to
Allodoxaphobia

ROFL! You can't seriously be that thick? Look at the top of this message and spot how I was the poster only 2 messages before his.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey