OT: New time zones?

[snip]

IIRC, usually the VCRs I had to program just required the day of the week. I don't remember recording any shows at midnight, but midnight is normally the beginning of the next day (although, one of the listing sources I used had the day starting at 6:00).

That helps. It also means the numbers will be more complicated than necessary.

Reply to
Mark Lloyd

Why does it have to be memorable? You copy the details from the magazine directly to the remote.

As another poster pointed out, V++ has a form of parity. Fuck it up and it says you were wrong, or you get something completely different like 7:30 on channel 1 for 4 hours, and you think er.... no I made a mistake.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Trouble is, if you go to bed at 2am, you call up to 2am today, but the VCR does not.

BTW, when I first heard about VCRs, I thought great, you just record the AV signal from the aerial, but no only one channel. Why didn't they just record the whole signal, then you'd have all the channels!

No it doesn't, it means the numbers don't directly correspond with time, ie. changing one number won't make it an hour late, but screw up everything, so you notice.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey