Bathroom zones

I would like to install a ceiling light in my bathroom. The light (chosen by SWMBO) is not suitable for any of the 4 bathroom zones and would be fitted in a position just outside the zones. I'm a bit worried about doing this as the position, although outside the zones is affected by a small amount of condensation at times. The circuit is RCD protected.

Safe or not ?

TIA.

Reply to
Troy

Is this a metal light fitting? Does it have a design that may hold water in crevasses, or would water run off quite readily?

I think I'd personally go with the fitting instructions on this one. If it says that it isn't suitable for bathrooms, then it isn't suitable for bathrooms no matter where, or what zone, it's fitted.

Reply to
BigWallop

The "correct" answer would be to say no, the reality is "probably".

I have been in very few bathrooms where the light fittings are truly suitable for use in a bathroom, little if anything of consequence seems to go wrong as a result.

(if you wanted to fit the light in zone 1 - say directly over a shower then that would be a very different matter!)

Reply to
John Rumm

Thanks for the replies folks. I'll probably go ahead but not quite sure yet.

Reply to
Troy