OT: New time zones?

If I won I'd be doing some vastly more serious shit than that.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Whereas I wouldn't notice if the show was on at a different time. I watch when I want to watch.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

I'm sure we're both glad you're not me...

Reply to
AJL

You guide your life by TV, ROFL!

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Davis-Monthan? If so we're almost neighbors. I'm seven miles from it.

Reply to
Ken Blake

Nope. Luke. Spent some time on base there in the 50s but not lately. Still hear the jets daily though...

Reply to
AJL

OK.

Reply to
Ken Blake

Foreigners don't want to be reminded that us British invented the time standard.

Reply to
Max Demian

Sounds closer to the truth.

What I hate about the Brits is we went all PC and gave up our colonies.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

As someone whose ancestors and extended family have won great distinction fighting for this country around the world, what I hate about some Brits is that they live in a jingoistic past and express absurdly unrealistic political opinions that bear no semblance of relevance to the modern world.

Reply to
Java Jive

The modern world is a piece of shit and we should be blowing the enemies up.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Yes

That would result merely in more shit and us getting blown up too.

Reply to
Java Jive

Russia's doing pretty good at it. He throws bombs and we throw sanctions, ROTFPMSL!

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

You must be about the only person in the west who thinks Russia's doing pretty good at it. In case you hadn't noticed, Ukraine is beginning to get the upper hand. Read, for example, the ISW reports:

The whole Russian campaign has been a tale of war criminality perpetrated by badly trained soldiers with abysmal morale who have been propagandised into believing that their enemy is somehow subhuman, targetting of civilians and civilian infrastructure because they seem unable to target military targets to much good effect, chaotic generalship with Putin overriding his commanders on the ground and then ensuring that they get the blame for the resulting failure, all with, apparently, somewhat outdated equipment and an alarmingly high casualty rate.

Reply to
Java Jive

Me and all 5 of my Russian friends, despite the propaganda from Boris suggesting they illegally use VPNs to watch our biassed news reports.

No, Ukraine has the backing of the whole world. For one country to anywhere beat the whole world is a resounding success. And in the meantime every country in the world bar a few like India and China have skyrocketing fuel and electricity prices because of their refusal to buy Russian gas.

War isn't a crime.

Their "enemy" is part of the USSR.

The modern moralistic idea of not killing civilians isn't very effective. They are the enemy, kill them all.

That's politics, you'll find that in any leadership.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

That seems to be one of the best reasons for continuing the use of the term "GMT" ;-)

But then if things had gone slightly differently in the 1800s, the world could easily have been using PST (Paris standard time).

Reply to
NY

Why does the French Army install Rear-view mirrors in their Tanks? So they can see the battle.

What did the French army general do on social media? Retweet!

Why do French tanks have 6 gears?

5 for reverse, 1 for forward during parades

This made the French go away, I went to see it recently, a magnificent vessel:

Commander Kinsey

What's the USSR? It hasn't existed for quite a few years now.

Reply to
Chris Green

Is your memory that short? Ukraine shall lose. Play this at full volume and piss off your neighbours.

Commander Kinsey

Then buy this:

Russia occupies Ukraine. I don't see Ukraine occupying Russia. When the front line is in your country, you're f***ed.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey