OT: Daylight Stupid Time ends Sunday, Nov. 4th

Hi All,

Daylight Stupid Time ends Sunday, Nov. 4th

Wish they'd just get rid of it.

:'(

-T (His Resplendence)

I just got this - it is timely:

Frank

Chuckle!

They said "end". Wish they weren't lying.

I like the "Stupid" part, since it would seem than anyone could see we're not SAVING anything. The phrases "in the morning" and "in the evening" (as in "more daylight in the evening") are misleading here since the change affects the artificial designation of time periods, rather than daylight itself.

In the US and Canada, the clock change is supposed to happen at 2AM. There will be NO 2AM this Sunday. What you might expect to be 2AM has been re-designated as three.

Reply to
Mark Lloyd

Won't there be two 2 AMs Sunday? At 2 AM the clock gets reset to 1 AM.

Cindy Hamilton

Reply to
angelicapaganelli
[snip]

Sorry for the mistake there, I was confusing it with what happens in the spring.

This time there is only one REAL 2AM. The first time that ought to be

2AM is actually 1AM. 2AM comes an hour later than it should:

12:58, 12:59, 1:00, 1:01, ...1:58, 1:59, (DST transition)1:00, 1:01, .... 1:58, 1:59, 2:00, 2:01

There are 2 1AMs. All clock times 1:00-1:59 occur twice. This day is 25 hours long.

Reply to
Mark Lloyd