Daylight savings time ends Sunday Nov 2

Here in the States, Daylight Stupid Time ends Sunday November 2, 2014

Reply to
Todd

Not every state observes DST.

And the proper name is Daylight Saving Time.

For the winter we should push the clock ahead another hour.

Reply to
terrable

Why? They're just numbers on the clock. We're just pretending. (and I think you mean 'back' another hour)

Reply to
Mike Hartigan

Todd wrote: "Here in the States, Daylight Stupid Time ends Sunday November 2, 2014 "

Todd, if I were standing in front of you I'd give you a super loud high-five and a Vulcan salute! Great minds think alike!

Reply to
thekmanrocks

Not stupid at all. I checked my account balance and the daylight I've saved so far will give me an extra two hours of daylight every day when I retire. Go ahead, sit in the dark, but I won't be.I sved my daylight.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Terrable wrote: "And the proper name is Daylight Saving Time.

For the winter we should push the clock ahead another hour. "

Point #1: "Savings Time", like "nu-qu-lar" weapons, just rolls off the common tongue easier. I'm dyslexic, so saying them the correct way is second-nature to me. ;)

Point #2: Daylight Saving isn't a magic wand that adds hours of daylight. Advancing the clocks another hour works - if you want sunrises after 9AM in New York and at 10AM in indianapolis(same zone as NY).

Reply to
thekmanrocks

As the old gal down the street keeps saying, "I wish they would quit messing around with this time change thing, my roses need all the sunlight they can get" !

Reply to
Retired

Di you hear about the agnostic dyslexic insomniac?

He stayed up all night wondering if there really was a dog.

Reply to
bubba

Fall forward! ;O)

Reply to
Sasquatch Jones

I thought it was Delight Savings Time. I've been banking all of my excess happiness.

Dave M.

Reply to
David L. Martel

You didn't hear? Obama says the brightest didn't pay their fair share. Now, there is a 40% tax for early withdraw of daylight. There are a whole list of conditions for withdraw, including using it for solar panels, or solar heating. And has to be used outdoors. Much of the daylight saving is quietly being seized by the Fed. Best to call your congressman, by candle light.

- . Christopher A. Young Learn about Jesus

.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Old expression quoting an old American Indian:

"Only white man think cut foot off end of blanket and sew on other end make blanket longer."

- . Christopher A. Young Learn about Jesus

.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon
[snip]

That's the story I heard in school. I think of it when thinking of DST.

Some effects of DST:

  1. You have an excuse to set your clocks right, twice a year.

  1. The main reason there are hundreds of time zones in the world, instead of 25.

  2. Some days have 23 or 25 hours.

  1. Animals get confused when they expect to be fed at a certain time.

  2. There's no 1:30 AM one day, and TWO 1:30 AM another.

  1. You think you're doing something at the same time every day, but you're not. Its just CALLED the same time.

  2. You think you're getting more daylight. That makes no real sense.
[snip]
Reply to
Mark Lloyd

But the number one reason...that trumps all other reasons...

It's for the kids!

Reply to
_G_0_D_

So much for the promise "If you like your daylight, you can keep your daylight!"

Reply to
Mike Hartigan

We should push the clocks ahead an hour every week, just to get a jump on the future.

Reply to
Neill Massello

I prefer Daylight Stupid Time

Reply to
Todd

Todd: Or, Daylight SLaving Time - more subtle! Forces you up while it's still dark out. LOL

Reply to
thekmanrocks

Todd: Or Daylight SLaving Time! Forces you up while it's still dark out. LOL

Reply to
thekmanrocks

Bill Clinton on daylight: I've tried as hard as I could on anything, but I can't give you your daylight saving back.