Daylight Stupid Time?

Is Daylight Stupid Time ending this weekend?

Yes. I heard a story that AOC said it was stupid not to continue it as it gave the farmers one more hour of growing sunlight.

Reply to
Frank

Wasn't there year long DST maybe back in the 70s? I think the Arab oil embargo had something to do with it. It was supposed to save energy somehow or another.

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

I used to think we should just have DST year round. My reasoning was that I can tolerate getting up when it's dark outside, leaving for work, etc because at least I know it's going to be light in another hour. I'd rather have that than seeing it get dark early at 4:30PM when I'm still at work and knowing it's going to be dark for the rest of the night. But I'm in NJ. In northern areas, from what i've seen said, with DST in the winter sunrise would be at 9:45AM or so. I can see that being weird. So maybe the current compromise is the best overall solution.

Reply to
trader_4

I think congress passed a bill to extend it year round but bill is stalled.

Thinking back time zones should have just stayed the same.

We all like daylight when getting up in the morning but even with unaltered time zones this may not be available. Guys in northern UK in winter said they had to drive to work in the dark and drive home in the dark.

I was doing a couple of days work in western Michigan at the end of the eastern time zone once and found it strange to see all the people going to work in the dark where in DE it would be light.

Reply to
Frank

Yes, there was. Everybody hated it, and it didn't save any energy.

Reply to
Cindy Hamilton

Yes. One good thing about it is that it gives you a chance to make sure your clocks are set right.

Reply to
Mark Lloyd

Which is nonsense. Setting your clocks cannot have any effect on the amount of daylight.

Reply to
Mark Lloyd

Of course. Why do you think it was attributed to AOC? I put the meme on Facebook and fact checkers said it was false ;)

Reply to
Frank

As do guys in Montana... N 47 degrees isn't as bad as the UK

21 December

Sunrise: 8:18am Sunset: 4:50pm

Reply to
rbowman

If you can figure out how to set the damn clocks...

Reply to
rbowman

Good work! You're at least smarter than one elected official running the country.

Reply to
rbowman

The one on my thermostat and the one on my stove, anyway. All the others either change themselves or are a single-button DST setting.

Reply to
Cindy Hamilton

"I heard a story". Yes, that's compelling evidence.

AOC doesn't oppose DST. As far as I can find out, the only thing she's ever said on the subject is that if you're working the night shift when the clocks fall back, make sure you got paid for it.

Cindy Hamilton

That's easy to do. Just see what Biden says to do and then do the opposite.

Reply to
trader_4

Have you forgotten about all the garbage propaganda your MSM has spread about President Trump?

Reply to
Su Nombre

Trump? The guy spouting "fake news" at everything.

Covid. It will be gone by April. What a genius.

Set your clock. Remember, it is Fall Forward.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

You are dumber than I thought.

Reply to
Frank

It's been my experience that unless you're an insulin-resistant metabolic train wreck, the Fauci-19 is just a bad head cold.

I'm unvaccinated and unboosted and have never suffered any of these deadly scamdemic symptoms the stress-puppy covidiots speak of.

In my opinion, President Trump's only mistake was listening to Fraudci and the bigPharma scammers. And President Trump never even attempted to make the slab-jabs mandatory, unlike the tyrannical commie demoncrats.

Reply to
Oscar

It's been my experience that brain dead trolls like you aren't worth the effort. Bye bye

Reply to
danny burstein