Daylight lamp?

Hi All, My mother would like a daylight lamp for when she's doing craftwork in the evenings. The only ones I've found are either expensive (in the UK) or good value (in the US). Does anyone know where I can get hold of a good value daylight flexible arm lamp in the UK? I've also thought about getting a normal lamp and a daylight bulb, but the better daylight bulbs are economy type bulbs about 15cm long, so I'm haven't been able to find a lamp with a long enough shade. The other daylight bulbs (small tubes or blue coloured bulbs) aren't as good. Anyone got any ideas? Thanks, Matt

Reply to
Matt Durkin

Have you had a browse around this site?:

BigWallop

>As an avid stitcher myself could I ask if you have given any thought to the heat that daylight lamps give out? I found mine made me so hot I could only bear to have it on for a short time. Found a small halogen lamp from Ikea (cost about £3) gave me the light I needed without the heat.

candl