OT Car insurance rise?

rbowman

I can manage most of those. I'm not sure why a sonnet is significant, though. Seems a little archaic.

Cindy Hamilton

Reply to
angelica...

It is to prove you are a sophisticated intellectual with a good command of the language. Yeah, leaves me out.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Access to the sump plug can be a problem if there is a under engine cover fitted and/or the car needs to be jacked up safely to give clearance for crawling under the car. Possibly even more of a DIY problem if you don't have access to off road parking.

Reply to
alan_m

And then there is the question of what to do with the used oil and old oil filter. Most california municipalities contract with the waste disposal companies to provide jugs and filter bags to their customers so they can collect it with the normal trash pickup.

Reply to
Scott Lurndal

Only if you are an ABDL.

Reply to
Max Demian

Don't you just pour it down the nearest drain :)

Here in the UK my local council tip (Household Waste Recycling Centre) has a large tank for used engine oil.

Mos (all) people in the area covered by my council live within a 5 mile radius of one of the two local Household Waste Recycling Centres

Reply to
alan_m

I find the best way to avoid theives is to have something older and dirtier than everyone else.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

What do you believe the purpose of rotating is?!

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Does that mean you have two sets of wheels? Or do you actually remove the tyres from the wheels?

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

I think America need to split into individual states.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

I wouldn't know, I don't service my car.

You do realise punctures can be repaired? If it's too close to the side, find a non-reputable garage to do it, or do it yourself with a repair kit from Ebay.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Main dealer = cowboy.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

To change a diaper.... that really does need a mask.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Sonnets are the most horrid invention ever.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

You make it go where nobody sees it.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Yeah.... isn't that illegal?

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Nothing to do with thick. It's having all the right tools and having the dexterity to remove rusted things without breaking them or ending up with oil all over everything.

But I don't care, I never change my oil. If the warning light comes on, I take it to the garage. Mechanics like getting dirty.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

I bought an 18 year old converted to LPG Range Rover for £300. I owned it for 2 years, during which time 1 year and 8 months it was in the garage. The mechanic shook my hand when I scrapped it.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

My IQ doesn't help me determine what equipment somebody else has. The former is expensive (on some cars as much as £4000), the latter requires equipment.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey