Car insurance in Channel Isles problem (attempt2)

Not sure which group is best for this post so please advise if there is a better choice.

Scenario is that a person has an 11 month job contract in Jersey and has taken their car over there.

Despite declaring the full information the insurance broker (no, I don't know why either) is now, after 5 weeks, saying:

<quote>Can't complete the insurance because the address on the V5 doesn't match the address the person is staying at. The V5 address is the permanent UK address of the person who has temporary accommodation in the Channel Isles.</quote>

The (young) person involved is stressing and surely it can't be that complicated.

It's not a permanent move, it's not a holiday.

Anyone any experience and advice of getting car insurance in the Channel Islands in this scenario?

Reply to
AnthonyL

Telephone them and have a chat. Try another broker too, by phone, explain the situation & ask for advice if they won't play ball.

Reply to
Chris Bacon

On the face of it it sounds daft. I don't think risk is any greater if you are temporarily in the CI than anywhere else in the UK, Indeed theft is a lot harder as you cannot get the car of the island. I know there are certain requirements to have a H plate if its a hire car on some of the CI, notably Guernsey, but many people have temp residency during the summer months over there, and take their cars with them. The tourist section of the economy seems to employ a loot of Scottish people!

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa

Good advice except they phoned the young person involved explaining there was a problem, then went on hold several minutes a time to check issues the young person raised in protestation.

Anyone know the situation there?

PS my attempt1 was cross-posted to uk.legal.moderated and hasn't appeared anywhere even thought the software reports it sent.

Reply to
AnthonyL

I have a feeling that group automatically rejects cross posted messages. (Presumably to stop unmoderated replies appearing).

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

But, you aren't in the UK

Reply to
charles

Cross-posting between moderated and non-moderated groups won't work.

Reply to
Andy Burns