totally off topic, car insurance

I have searched for a more suitable group to ask,and I brace myself for the volley of abuse but here goes. We have 4 cars in the family, does anyone know of a block type insurance that is available to the public so that we can all drive each others cars. I've tried to put the kids on our insurance and no way even though the sons car is a higher group than ours. We on the other hand lowered the kids premium by putting us oldun's on their policies. As this group has a vast knowledge base im sure some one will know. Appologys to those offended by my off topic question.

cheers Rob

Reply to
rob

Sorry Rob, can't help but news:uk.rec.driving and/or news:uk.rec.cars.misc may be of more help.

Mogweed.

Reply to
Mogweed

====================== Admiral are currently advertising such a policy on TV. Look here for starters:

Cicero

cheers that looks just the job , I will ge ta quote and see if it is. rob

Reply to
rob

rob wrote [ in uk.d-i-y ]:

You did not search very hard. If you *expect* abuse, then WTF do you insist on posting your OT question, FCS? If you want to find out what group is appropriate, try a Google newsgroup search, putting in terms that you're looking for. You can then (if it's not OT in the groups found) ask your question there, cross-posting as appropriate (see headers), for best results (don't multi-post). Another thing to consider is to *ask an insurance broker*, who should be expert in this field.

Reply to
Chris Bacon

Give the guy a break. He has declared the thread to be off-topic in the title yet still you chose to read and respond. Probably like myself he recognises that this group is packed with people who are full of knowledge relating to all sorts of subjects, not just DIY.

Also, since he has decided to try and bypass the broker and go direct to an insurance company then he might argue that this is a DIY related thread anyway.

By the way, what does FCS mean? I've found lots of definitions including, "Flat Carbon Steel, "Fire Control Systems" and even "First Class Stamps" but none of these quite seem to fit.

Reply to
Kevin

There's helpful stuff in that reply. Can't you see it? I also cross-posted to appropriate groups (but since you are replying with no pertinent information I've removed the x-posting from this reply).

If everyone ignored threads marked OT, there would be no point in posting them. Not sure what youy're trying to say.

Absolutely. Lets have more threads on OT stuff from politics to cooking, gambling to babycare.

FCS ? For Christ's sake. Google "usenet acronym fcs" (or guess).

Reply to
Chris Bacon

Thanks for the support, I did indeed check lots of groups but found them either from the states or not relevant. Anyway thanks Cicero that did the trick not quite what I was looking for but does the job. Yet again the vast knowledge in this group comes across. .

Reply to
rob

I googled and found 62 definitions for FCS on a single page. Not one of them matched yours. Try taking your own advice and let me know how many of the several hundred hits you need to try before you find a site which matches your definition.

Reply to
Kevin

Reply to
aston

Don't know about group policies but when adding the children to your own policy as named drivers always inform the insurance company that the kids have their own cars and insurance. Some companies will then add less to your premium since the kids are less likely to be driving your car (unless you're all in the habit of randomnly choosing a car to drive).

MBQ

Reply to
manatbandq

I think it might something to do with that guy who got nailed to a Cross ..

Stuart ps....people who respond like that must be lovely people to have around you ...

Reply to
Stuart