my most important customer ever

albeit my contribution was rather small in the grander scheme, i think its pretty dang cool and something ill be able to tell my grandkids about one day.

Reply to
Nathan In Montana

Cool. (is that a pun?)

I'm a bit surprised by the vehicle barracade. I've seen barracades around here set up for both Clinton & GW Bush. They always consisted of much bigger vehicles: School buses, garbage trucks, construction vehicles, etc.

Reply to
Gideon

they were going to bring construction equipment to the site until they realized that my truck had a cummins.....then they knew nothing else was necessary. :-)

with all the military hardware they had on hand i dont think a barracade was really necessary at all.

Reply to
Nathan In Montana

Geeze, Nathan.... you really need a Ford. Maybe that's what the President gets (-;.....

Ford Diesels are built at one of my customer sites right here in Indiana... Navistar.

Oooppps... Cummins engines are too. They're both great motors, of course!!

Jake

Reply to
Jake

i also have a f350 4x4 dually service truck. the powerstroke is a good engine, but i really prefer the cummins for heavy pulling.

Reply to
Nathan In Montana

That's some pretty neat stuff.

Wish people would go back to calling them "elected representatives". Which means "they do what we tell em". Instead of "country's leaders" which means we do what they tell us.

I've got a few "met important people" stories. But, none would be of interest to the folks on this group.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Nathan In Montana posted for all of us...

heh heh heh my mind is...

Reply to
Tekkie®

didja ask cheney how much kickback he got from halliburton for the billions of dollars no bid contract to rebuild iraq?

Reply to
gofish

in all fairness, _nobody_ else could have stepped up and done what haliburton did, when haliburton did it. if you know of ANYBODY that could have, please list them. i see many who complain about haliburton, but have yet to see anyone who could offer an alternate plan that would have been as effective.

Reply to
Nathan In Montana

Reply to
Steve Scott

my point exactly. haliburton didnt get the work because of cheney. they got the work because nobody else could do it. nobody. the left wing media leaves that critical piece of information out trying to get mileage out of cheneys haliburton connection.

Reply to
Nathan In Montana

Nothing you have to say is of any interest to this group asshat.

Reply to
Al Moran

I cannot help it if you've lived under a rock all your life and cant think of a single company capable other than halliburton.

listing any for you would be pointless. the fact remains the usa is still a democracy, except for the current dictatorship.

Hey what do you think of Bob Woodward's new book, "State of Denial"?

Reply to
gofish

I'd rather go hunting with Cheney, than go for a drive with Ted Kennedy

Reply to
Noon-Air

TRANSLATION --> "i cannot list anybody"

of course you cant, i already knew this because there is nobody else. dont let your hatred for bush blind you across the board.

Reply to
Nathan In Montana

horseshit Nathan, and you know it. I cant imagine youve ever heard of Flour-Daniel or Turner Construction. Now go ahead and argue neither of these could have done the same job, as we both know thats whats next. The fact remains it was a politically motivated no-bid contract and you, I & the rest of the world will never know who could have been potential bidders.

btw, my "hatred" as you say isnt aimed at shrub per se, its aimed at the grossly incompetent people he seems to surround himself with.

take that idiot rummies-field for example. As grossly incompetent as he is, he will never be shit-canned for one political reason: confirmation hearings on his replacement would open up the whole iraq-war-fiasco to congressional scrutiny. Heaven forbid the rest of the world find out how grossly incompetent the shrub administration is.

Reply to
gofish

Turner is primarily building construction w/about $7B gross sales and

5,500 employees. Not really set up to rebuild the oil and public infrastructure.

Fluor does work in the petroleum field as well as construction. Had $13B gross in 2005 and has about 35,000 employees.

Haliburton services the petroleum industry and does general construction. $21B gross in 2005 w/85,000 employees.

Which > "Nathan >

Reply to
Steve Scott

the one that was awarded the bid from a field of competitive bidders, NOT the one with a history of ineptness & corruption.

OBTW, just how is halliburton doing anyway? wells & pipelines up & running? Nope. Iraqi oil paying for the reconstruction? Nope. Cost overruns? Yup. Maybe you're thrilled bankrupting your childrens future, myself, I'm not.

Reply to
gofish

what i know is that nobody else in the world could have stepped up and done what haliburton has done.

of course i have. once upon a time i was a structural welder for daniels. they arent even comparable with haliburton.

although i never worked for them, see above.

because we both know thats the bottom line.

we absolutely do know. neither daniels nor turner are capable of rebuilding an entire country.......certainly not on any sense of reasonable timeline. id be willing to bet that the bin laden group is more capable than either of the companies you listed, and even they arent capable of a job that big. haliburton was and still is the only company in the entire world capable of this undertaking. youre speaking out of emotion with complete disregard to the facts of the matter. in as much as you liberals would LOVE to hang bush on ANYTHING, if there was a basis for what you say there would have already been impeachment hearings on the entire matter and you know it. the liberals who know better use this to play on the liberals who dont know any better. so long as it will fuel their fire, it doesnt matter if its complete bullshit to begin with.

idiot? imcompetent? please list SPECIFICALLY what he has done that makes him either. dont generalize, tell me EXACTLY why he is an incompetent idiot, and not because cnn said so.

bah......that has NEVER protected anyone before. he wont be shit canned because despite your liberal propaganda, you cant tell me (_specifically_) what he has done wrong.

that statement is silly. most of the world hates us anyway out of sheer jealousy of our quality of life. i couldnt possibly care any less how the rest of the world views us.

......now according to the rule book, when you call a liberal to task on his political propaganda, your next step is to start calling me names and attacking me personally to hide your lack of a valid response to my very specific questions. i look forward to your response.

Reply to
Nathan In Montana

bidders must first be capable of the job theyre bidding on. neither of the companies you listed is, and im still waiting on a _viable_ alternative to haluburton.

far better than anyone else in the world could be doing at this point.

specifically, what wells and pipelines are behind schedule?

please quote a source.

completely normal and to be expected on a job of this nature, so i wont even question this statement.

Reply to
Nathan In Montana