Karma - Several kitchen plumbing problems

Jim Joyce used his or her keyboard to write :

In your wondering did you cover the idea that presidents day was a merger of Lincoln's birthday and Washington's birthday which meant that those mattress day sales were reduced by half. Perhaps the mattress people thought they were owed reparations and took Memorial Day.

Reply to
FromTheRafters

Flipping a coin is random. People who are not sick don't have a fever. The fact that some people with Covid don't have a fever, doesn't change that, hence it's nothing at all like the random flipping of a coin.

Reply to
trader_4

VOA, AFAIK, was never limited to Europe. The US still should be advocating for ideals that make for a better, safer world. That would be messaging that stands up against Putin, Duterte, KJU, Xi. Oh, but three of those are Trump's buddies and even the latter he praises and he told him to go ahead with his concentration camps. So, I can see why VOA doesn't fit with the Trump agenda.

Given that 40%+ are so stupid they still believe Trump's lies and support him despite all the terrible things he's done, I say sadly the answer is yes.

Reply to
trader_4

That's an interesting claim. Do the raise money for and support Democrats or Republicans? When did research on cancer, Covid, diabetes become political? Oh, never mind, I just figured it out. It was with shyster Trump, he's the only one trying to make it political.

Reply to
trader_4

If the reliability of the test is 50%, it is exactly like flipping a coin. When you look at cases like that sailor who tested positive, negative, negative, positive it sure sounds like the result of a coin toss to me.

Reply to
gfretwell

It is in fact much higher than that.

Pity that the reliability of the test is much higher than 50%

Only because you are completely senile and too stupid to even notice that that is very rare.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Explain why that is any different than Russian trolls on Facebook.

Obama's lies killed thousands in Afghanistan and Iraq/Syria. We don't hear much about that. Remember he was going to end those wars and he escalated both. I am not a Trump fan but he did wind down those wars.

Reply to
gfretwell

And got a brilliant result in Syria.

Reply to
Rod Speed

The director of NIH and CDC serve at the pleasure of the president, just like the US attorney for the Southern District if NY that Trump fired the other day. I bet he thinks his job was political right now.

Reply to
gfretwell

Science is sometimes indistinguishable from magic to some people.

Reply to
Jim Joyce

That test sequence sounds more like magic than science. Either we are totally wrong about immunity or there was a testing failure. I haven't heard any more about it. Have you? Did the sailor(s) really get reinfected or was the test wrong?

Reply to
gfretwell

Whatever blows your skirt up but I bet you wonder why you didn't get any mail and why they didn't pick up your trash a lot.

Reply to
gfretwell

We were discussing using an elevated temperature to screen people. That isn't random, it's not 50-50. It's highly predictive of someone having an illness. And if you think the Covid virus test is 50-50, then we'll just have to add that to your list of absurd misinformation. This is kind of where you are with gun control. You take some exceptions, focus on those, ignore the rest and then throw up your hands and proclaim that nothing can be done. You claim that because even with reasonable gun laws we still can't prevent all deranged people from buying a gun, so laws and systems that will stop many must be opposed.

Reply to
trader_4

You are seriously asking that question? For starters, VOA doesn't hide who they are and what they stand for, which is democracy, freedom and open elections. How many elections has the USSR and Russia had that were that? A few back in just the few years of the Yeltsin era.

Exactly which lies would those be? Maybe because those lies didn't exist and Obama isn't the president anymore is why we don't hear about them?

Wrong again. Total KIA in Afghanistan in 2016 was 13. Last year it was 24. So Trump clearly didn't wind that down, it was already wound down and it's actually ticked up over Trump's term. In Iraq, pretty much the same thing. In 2009 there 20 KIA, last year 13. About this "winding down", you're bragging? And both Obama and Trump escalated combat during their terms. You seem very much like Trump. Are you sure you didn't vote for him? You're so confused, you probably did and don't even know it.

Reply to
trader_4

+1
Reply to
trader_4

The problem is that the trumpets reject all of the real conservatives, those of principle, those that have spoken out against the insanity we are witnessing. Men like George Will, Bill Kristol, John Kasich, Mitt Romney. So, IDK where the new leadership, the moral standards, the conservative principles, the decency, the humanity is going to come from. At the first sign of any of that, the trumpets scream RINO and reject them. And if that isn't bad enough, if any Republican tries to reach compromise on something with Democrats, like immigration reform, same thing. They prefer a nasty, evil, divisive clown, that's how Trump got elected and it runs so deep, I don't see it changing. IMO the damage Trump has done will be extremely difficult to undo.

Reply to
trader_4

So what? That makes them "political organizations"? Again, this is an example of how Trump is destroying our system of government. He is desperately trying to make the whole govt serve Trump, not the American people. And he's obviously won you over, you're now claiming that the NIH and CDC are political organizations. Putin must be proud of the extraordinary job that his puppet is doing.

Reply to
trader_4

Can you cite for us some medical lab tests that are 100% accurate? IDK of any that are. So, next question, how does the fact that they are not 100% accurate equate to them being 50-50, random? And how is it that you always go to the exceptional cases, the tiny percent, the few dozen out of millions, to then claim that means that the whole system is no good, doesn't work, can't work?

Reply to
trader_4

You say the silliest things. Why would I wonder about any of those things, and why would you be willing to bet on it? Are you OK? Do you seriously keep track of holidays based on the sale flyers that show up in your mailbox? I know the "old people in Florida" thing is just a stereotype, but you're really working hard to make it true.

I'm a little nervous about making fun of you for being senile, though. First, you didn't ask for the condition. No one does. And second, I might be just as bad when I get to your age. Who knows.

Reply to
Jim Joyce

I'm sure this topic will be revisited periodically and I'm curious to see how it plays out. I agree, Trump has done great damage and it won't be easy to restore order.

Reply to
Jim Joyce