Karma - Several kitchen plumbing problems

Definitely. Even Gandhi is under fire for thinking bad thoughts about South African blacks. He may have mellowed in his old age but it's hard to tell. The Siddi in India aren't high status and aren't even a blip on the usual demographic breakdown of the country.

Reply to
rbowman

Exactly right, it's not a happy holiday.

Reply to
Jim Joyce

What should people do on Memorial Day instead?

Cindy Hamilton

Reply to
Cindy Hamilton

Trouble is that they don’t work as well in museums.

Reply to
Rod Speed

It doesn't appear to be any science at all. Lots of things raise your temperature and it sounds like a lot of people with infectious Covid have normal temperatures. It is about like those tests with a 50% error rate. You might as well flip a coin.

Did we ever hear what happened with those sailors who tested positive, then negative a couple times, then positive again? Was the test bad or did they recover, then become infected again?

Reply to
gfretwell

Is there any part of Europe that isn't "free" now? This sounds like a cold war propaganda agency that should have been shut down in the Clinton administration. I guess you can't actually kill any federal program tho. They just change the sign on the building.

Is the american electorate so stupid that a few Facebook posts and twits will swing an election? If so we deserve what we get

It is kind of Ironic that you brought this up in the same post as VOA and RFE tho. Wasn't the USIA doing the same thing against the Soviets and Chi Coms for 50 years?

Reply to
gfretwell

Is there anything that keeps me from doing both? If I have the holiday spirit all year long, what else is important?

The way things are going, every day is going to be some kind of holiday so the only difference might be whether the store workers, government workers and general public get a paid day off. (AKA closed)

IBM dealt with it another way. They let us pick 12 holidays that were important to us and take those days off. It was really a totally open choice. You could decide the first 2.4 weeks of June was a 12 day holiday. You could also celebrate Festivus, Freud's birthday and Ground Hog day (along with 9 other holidays) if that was important to you.

Reply to
gfretwell

CDC and NIH are not much better. They are still political organizations.

Reply to
gfretwell

That's bullshit.

Yes, but whats happening is that anyone with a raised temperature is excluded and that does make very good scientific sense, playing safe with a very infectious virus.

It isnt a lot who are asymptomatic, and its still playing safe to exclude those who have an elevated temperature.

Nothing like when you are playing safe by excluding those with an elevated temperature.

Even sillier than you usually manage and that's saying something.

Cl;are is right, you are completely f****ng senile now.

Unsurprising given that its not easy to get a proper sample.

Not 100% reliable. No test ever is.

It was always known that the test isnt 100% reliable given the awkward sampling involved.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Depends on how you define free. The Ukraine, Georgia and the Crimea and Belarus arent.

Reply to
Rod Speed

We always called it Decoration Day because you went to tend the graves, leave flowers, and so forth.

Reply to
rbowman

There are plenty of other sources of reliable medical info on questions like the usefulness of temperature checks.

Or you could get a f****ng clue and think it thru for yourself, if you werent completely senile.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Yes, mahster. What shall we do next, mahster?

They've denied, but they've refuted nothing. Refuting means to argue against with convincing proof. You're not the only one who misuses the word "refute" but doing so makes your posts even less convincing.

Reply to
TrumpZombie

How many billions of FB ads and posts? A few billion?

Anyway, you know the answer is yes. About a third of the American people are that stupid, and that was enough to swing the election.

I haven't given up on the United States. I still care about this country. Therefore, I strongly disagree with you. We don't deserve what we got.

Reply to
Jim Joyce

They gave them $146.5 MILLION dollars in the last mid term. That buys a lot of influence.

Reply to
gfretwell

Now that's a real politician. :) His rear is covered either way. He sounds like a real gem.

I plan to do the same here. I live in the reddest of the red states, so I'm pissing into the ocean.

On that part, I think I'm a little more optimistic than you are. I agree, they need to suffer a dramatic defeat at the polls, but politicians are a resilient bunch. They'll claim to "hear the voters" or some such, and just like that it's a new day. Or so they hope.

Reply to
Jim Joyce

or tons of similar sites.

Personally, I like to get together with a couple of friends and we visit a handful of cemeteries out in the country that are mostly forgotten, although they do get mowed at certain times of the year. We place small flags at the foot of the vet graves and talk about what we think they went through, the wars and campaigns that were ongoing during their adult lives, which morphs into what we went through on our respective active duty stints. We try to be respectful toward those who have died fighting for our country. Back at the house for a few beers and some food, we toast those who have fallen.

Maybe it's corny, but that's what we do. Everyone is different. I recently heard of a guy who characterizes holidays by what's closed. Oh yeah, we also openly wonder how Memorial Day became the day for mattress sales.

Reply to
Jim Joyce

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote

<<< harmless legislation over this Covid business.

You don’t know that that was TRIAL lawyers.

Not when that isnt a federal responsibility, stupid.

More senile by the moment.

Reply to
Rod Speed

It was all lawyers but they operate as a single issue voting block.

"Promote anything that increases billable hours".

That can be things that lead to torts, it can be onerous regulation that requires companies to have huge teams of lawyers to sort them out or it can be a criminal justice system where you need a good (expensive) lawyer to stay out of jail. Zimmermann got a bill for $500,000. God only knows how much OJ paid but he was broke when Fred Goldman came for the civil suit money he won. Meanwhile they refer to the clients of public defenders by their inmate number.

Other money gets sprinkled down to the states, the $146m just buys congressmen but Congress has completely forgotten the 10th amendment so federal laws reach deep into state matters. Prosecutors usually have the option of charging something as a state crime or a federal one if the US attorney will take it. Around here something as simple as a speeding ticket in a boat might be written as a county ordinance violation, a state violation or a federal violation. The cop can use the same ticket book. It is just which statute he cites in the charge.

Reply to
gfretwell

Bullshit they do with policy choices like that.

Pity the feds have f*ck all to do with that.

Pity the feds have nothing to do with that.

Pity the feds have nothing to do with that.

Pity the feds have nothing to do with that.

Irrelevant to your stupid claim about Congress.

And they get no say on the shit we are discussing.

Not on this issue they don’t.

The US attorney cant with this issue.

But an infection by the virus cant be.

No cop involved with an infection by the virus.

Reply to
Rod Speed