changed kitchen faucet, now hot water hammers

Hi all - I've searched this forum and found out enough to realize that the pipes are hammering, but couldn't find an application that was similar to mine. I recently had new counter tops, sink and faucet replaced in the kitchen. I did the plumbing myself. I've replaced many faucet's before and found this to be pretty routine, except there's a dishwasher and a garbage disposal to deal with too. I had no problems doing all this (back in late March), but within the past few weeks, I've noticed that the hot water pipes hammer when I turn off the faucet in the kitchen or the dishwasher runs. It does not happen with the cold water. Did I inadvertently do something? How do I correct this problem? It does not happen with any other faucet in the house.

Thanks in advance for your help!

NAL

Reply to
NAL

Since it happens when the dishwasher runs (supply valve closes presumably), the faucet is not at fault. Check for loose piping of course.

I don't often advocate them willy-nilly, but I think this is a good case for a water hammer arrestor.

Make one or buy a commercial unit:

Jim

Reply to
Speedy Jim

unit:

Thanks Jim, but it seems odd that it started after changing the faucet; I didn't touch the water line to the dishwasher. Guess I was hoping for something that I did to explain it! :-)

NAL

Reply to
NAL