The electrical hookups didn't spark or smoke!
And, I did seal all the o-rings!
Unfortunately, I didn't think ahead to *replace* the o-rings:
None of my new plumbing work is leaking, but there is a minor drop at the
filter inlet clamp (even though I cleaned and lubricated it and tightened
it as much as I could, by hand):
Even though I was judicious about tightening the filter clamps one turn
at a time in diagonal pairs, with use of a mallet to "shake" the seating
a bit, there are still some very minor leaks to handle:
But, the big problem is that the pump itself has now developed a leak
even though I tightened the clamp down as much as possible by hand:
And, I lubed the little o-ring on the impeller:
This new leak is at the interface between the pool pump and the motor:
I think there is a "seal" there that I've never replaced. Maybe I damaged
it. Dunno - but *both* motors are leaking from that location!
So, in summary:
a) Electrical is working
b) All the new plumbing is leak tight
c) There two minor drips at the filter itself (inlet & circumference)
d) But the big problem is that both pumps that I took apart are leaking!
HomeOwnersHub.com is a website for homeowners and building and maintenance pros. It is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here.
All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.