Home Depot return policy w/out receipt

I'm sure it's 100 dollars a year or more. I've returned a lot more than 20 dollars without a receipt and they've never said a word.

I would guess they have a fairly complicated algorithm to decide who is stealing and who isn't. And they might skip 100 and wait to see if you surpass 300 or 500 in 3 years. Just guessing at the numbers but people who shoplift for a "living" must try to do a lot more that.

I don't know if there is a way to show them the receipt after it's no longer useful for getting cash back. I would think there would be, because of course they are interested in distinguishing thieves from others.

Projects drag on. Lots of things keep them from going forward, and I think the HD people know that.

Reply to
mm

Today's Home Depot-themed cartoon:

HeyBub

All people are looking for here is a simple answer, not a whole bunch of cr iticism and shit talking about how you will be put on a black list and how so and so sounds paranoid or how cool you are because you return copper fi ttings all the time and don't care, blah blah blah....A simple answer would be just fine with out all the other bull shit.

Reply to
jmoorenortex14

Me too.

If you have you're receipt, I think they'll give you the money you paid no matter how old it is. Or not.

But without a receipt, they give you the lowest price it ever sold at. And if you wait too long, they change all the stock numbers every few years, so when I tried to return a wall timer because they now sold timers for fluorescents, they offered me either a dollar or 15 cents. So I kept it and will give it to someone.

Reply to
micky

That happens if the item goes on sale. Without the receipt your item will be taken at the most current price available so it it wise to take a receipt with you for a rerun to ensure you get the full dollar amount of what you paid.

Reply to
andic1983

What people's past experience are doesn't count any more. HD has a NEW Pol icy as of 2015. And it doesn't matter if the No receipt value was only 1 P enny or a 100 dollars. It's all counted as the same. Further and listen clo sely. If you bought say 200 dollars worth of 10 items and it includes just

1 Penny you applied to that 200 dollars worth of purchases where that 1 Pen ny was applied from a No-Receipt store credit, then the whole receipt of 20 0 becomes non-returnable. In other words none of the 10 items you purchased are returnable. In order to get a refund (even thou you have a receipt for those 10 items) you must write HH Corporate Office in Irvine, Attention TRE POBox 51373, Ir vine, CA 92619-3133. There won't be anyone to talk to, it must be in writi ng requesting the refund credit. If you want more information you must call 1-866-550-3133 but they will tell the same as I just did above, nothing mo re. They'll just hang up on you if you try to explain your reasons.

My suggestion is never never use a Store Credit to pay partial of a greater amount due, as will affect all items (even if bought by cash or Credit Car d)as non-refundable "Return Declined". Quote: "HD also suggest not to use other people Store Credit as it will imp act your ability to make returns."

What people experiences have been in the past, you can throw out the window .

Reply to
deaususa86

You can ignore people response of their experiences. HD policy has changed, as given in detail below.

Reply to
deaususa86

LOOK AT THE DATE!!!!

Reply to
philo

I did. She'd look better with less cleavage showing.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Here in Canada if it is on credit card, they have computerized record and can go back and see exactly what you bought and when and for what price, even if you bought it at a different location. Cash purchaces require a reciept. Credit card returns are creditted back to the original card. Can be a problem if you just upgraded your card and end up with a new number though - - -

Reply to
clare

Same in the US. If the new number was because of fraud, or potential fraud, the numbers would be linked.

Don.

(e-mail link at home page bottom).

Reply to
Don Wiss

Don't you mean that if a new number was issued because of fraud, the old and new numbers would not be linked? As to a refund being a problem if a new CC number is issued to the same account, I don't see why that would be. I would expect the CC company to process refunds back to the account based on the old number. If they didn't, this would be a big problem, waste a lot of everyone's time, etc. And any money coming

*back* would be a good thing for either the CC company or the card holder.
Reply to
trader_4

Oren posted for all of us...

You just gave a business model! Cleavage recognition s/w or boobie scans. Forget the eyes nobodies looking at them, just the important parts.

Reply to
Tekkie®

its people like you who give the internet a bad name.

what does it do for your kind to spread ridiculous misinformation which you know is a load of horse shit? you know damn well you didnt read any such information about the police being called to "check you out"! on the hd website for petes sake!

grow the hell up and get a life, or go out and get laid instead of spreading retarded senseless lies!

Reply to
getgreenwaldlaw

How do you check their list? I any yo see if my bfs uncle is on there lol

Reply to
krystalgreening

I am a contractor, and every six months or so, I gather up all the unused p arts that accumulate. I often have $500 or more worth of small parts, for w hich I do not have receipts. Home Depot used to take back everything for st ore credit, but when I hit around $2000 in returns without receipts, I was cut off. I had my girlfriend make my returns until she was cut off, now som eone else is doing it. I need to return the items, and that seems to be the ONLY way to do it. I understand why they need this safeguard, so I just li ve with the inconvenience. I buy thousands of dollars in materials a week t here, and they are often paid for on a customer credit card. Often, the par t they are purchasing is one I already have, but I have to buy a new one, a nd provide receipts, if I want to be paid for the materials. If I haven't u sed the parts in a few months, I take them back. I am always fine with stor e credit, because I will spend the money there anyway.I don't like that I a m on the "RAR" list, but I have never stolen anything in my life, and I don 't plan to, so hopefully, it won't be an issue.

Reply to
matthewdetroitartist

[...]

OK, color me confused.

First, you are paying for the parts on a "customer credit card". Who is the customer? Who card are you using?

Second, you provide receipts so you can get paid for the parts. If you don' t use them, you take them back. Are you returning that money to the customer?

Reply to
DerbyDad03

ut I have never stolen anything in my life, and I don't plan to, so hopefully, it won't be an issue.

Talk to the local store manager or contractor sales manager and work it out.

Reply to
Wade Garrett

Why not just keep the receipts? It does not matter whose CC you used to buy the stuff.

Reply to
Mike Duffy

OK, color me confused.

First, you are paying for the parts on a "customer credit card". Who is the customer? Who card are you using?

Second, you provide receipts so you can get paid for the parts. If you don't use them, you take them back. Are you returning that money to the customer?

Are you sure you are not pedaling back stalling goods?????

Reply to
Tony944