anyone know return policy at home depot?

hi...

I bought a compound miter saw the other day from home depot and after using it a couple of times, discovered that its not what i need at this time. can anyone comment on the return policy at home depot? will they give me a refund eventhough i used it for exactly 9 cuts?

thanks....

Reply to
Ah10201

In Oregon, liberal; I'm pretty sure you can bring it back for any reason within a year, maybe more.

Reply to
LDR

LDR wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@news.west.earthlink.net:

Its actually 90 days.. but otherwise, they will take back anything that doesnt run on gas for almost any reason

Reply to
Secret Squirrel

Reply to
Leon

I've seldom had any problem with them giving me a refund. Once they complained then gave me a store credit. I expect they'll give you your money back.

Reply to
Larry C in Auburn, WA

Was nine cuts all it took to complete your project, or is it truly not what you imagined it to be?

If it's the second case, then you should be able to return it with no problem.

If it's the first, then I suspect you're one of the free-rental-army fools and I hope they make you eat it. But you probably wouldn't be posting the question if this were the case. See preceding paragraph.

- - LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999

LRod

No. See my post from 30 minutes before yours.

- - LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999

LRod

You made the mistake, albeit an expensive one. There's nothing wrong with the saw. Am I the only one who'd not feel comfortable asking the seller to take it back because I changed my mind?

Maybe I'm reading too much into "discovered that its not what i need at this time."

If you're OK with a Store Credit, then ignore the above.

Reply to
mttt

That is what eBay is for, to correct such errors. The very liberal return policy is driving up the cost for all of us.

If anyone want to make lemonade, I can provide a lemon or two. Or is that a white elephant. Either way, most of us have one or two. Why not just try to sell it at a fair price to soften the loss? Ed snipped-for-privacy@snet.net

Edwin Pawlowski

Don't know about home depot but my son just tried to take back a bbq to Rona (he had had it a week and a half and used it twice) and got nothing but a hard time. Didn't matter that the assembly manual said nothing about installing a screen to keep spiders out an maybe one got in (according to the guy at Rona) and he had flames coming out the shut off valves It was all his fault because the guy at Rona knew about the screen and nobody else did. The guy went and got the manual to show my son - guess what it wan't in there - he just said doesn't matter and walked off. My son is doing some major renovations on his house over the next year or so guess where he won't be buying stuff. Me either for that matter.

Rick

Reply to
Rick Gibson

I asked the same thing recently when I was unsure of a tool purchase... I was told that if I return it in good condition (i.e. clean, free of scratches, with all original packing, documentation, and receipt) they would take it. However, I believe they would only give me store credit if the reason was "I don't like it"

Good Luck.

Reply to
Jerry Valencia

Look at it this way, who would want to pay full retail price for miter saw that shows that it obviously has been opened and used (even it was only 9 times)? BORG is going to have to take a loss on this one. Just like clerks who sell Bessey clamps substancially below cost, all this adds a significant cost that we all have to pay.

Just my 2 cents Gary

Reply to
Gary

Here's a novel idea: pick up the phone, call them, and ask. You don't even have to get out the phone book -- the number is printed on the receipt.

Doug Miller

They should - as long as it isn't broken or really damaged. I bought a Kerosun heater from them, used it for one tank of kero, and realized I didn't want the stink and hassle of it in my shop/garage. I reboxed it, along with all the paperwork and parts, and took it back. They gave me my money back in full, no questions other than "was it working ok?" You shouldn't have a problem.

Nick B

Reply to
Nick Bozovich

I knew a woman like that one time. She would go to the dress shop and select a dress. After wearing it a coouple times she would return it saying that it didn't fit well. It was her standard practice with clothing. She knew that the stores were prepared to swallow this behavior. Meantime, the store cannot resell the returned item as it is used.

Dick

Reply to
Richard Cline

I recall an article (perhaps in Vanity Fair) a few years back about a high-end NY boutique that allowed this sort of nonsense. They're not in business any more.

djb

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

i knew lots of 'nordstrom closet' women in seattle when i lived there. dont know if its still that way but at the time nordstroms would take anything back pretty much no questions asked.

randy

Reply to
xrongor

If it's actually been used, the stuff often ends up back at the manufacturer and sold as reconditioned through outfits like Tyler Tool and Amazon. If it's only been opened for inspection, it gets reshelved, sometimes missing small parts that the reshelver didn't notice.

I usually try to go the recon'd route whenever possible when I need a new tool. More often than not, the tools seem to be exactly like the OP states his to be, used several times and put away.

Barry

Reply to
B a r r y

As an "OLD" retired retailer who now is completely satisfied spending hours in the shop producing nothing more then sawdust I really have to voice my opinion on returns...

No on second hand I will not.... My Blood pressure is fine now...why raise it !

Bob Griffiths

Reply to
Bob G.

I am with you on not returning it. I know the Gent may have made a = mistake but life is full of expensive lessons. Take responsibility for = your mistakes go back and buy the tool you need. If the tool was = substandard or was not working properly then by all means get your = refund but not for buying a tool that did not fit it's intended use. Puff

Reply to
Puff Griffis