Cordless telephones

Same happens here until you get options, like loose fruit and bagged fru= it. Then they have per each and per lb.

-- =

The reason women don't play football is because 11 of them would never w= ear the same outfit in public.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

So it's actually easier if you're self employed over there?

Here they assume a fixed percentage. I can claim back for council tax, electricity, gas, water, all sorts. I even get VAT off the petrol I use (and of course all my petrol is used for business and none for holidays :-))

What a waste of paperwork. I don't have an office, I have a huge open plan room which is a living room, computer room, office, and parrot aviary. God knows what your tax office would make of that. They'd probably want to see evidence of the parrots making money by breeding.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

Same here and for my buddies my age. We were all playing golf one day and I said "let me see your phones". This is what we had.

gfretwell

I like the beer can phone. Did it hold a long charge?

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

You can certainly write more off than someone only claiming wages. You do have to pay both sides of the Social Security tax tho. Usually half of it is hidden and paid by the employer but they understand it and adjust your wages accordingly.

If you have a sharp pencil and a good imagination you can write off a lot of things tho. (part of your home and car, phone, power, internet, equipment depreciation, tools supplies etc) Then you just pay taxes on what's left. The IRS does make sure you end up paying some tax but it doesn't have to be much. If you constantly lose money (pay no tax) they say it is a hobby and they might claw back all of those deductions.

We get a percentage of all home expenses depending on the proportion of the square footage you claim as "office".

Here they might disallow the "office" deduction although I have never heard of them actually coming out and looking at your office. I offered a picture and he said don't bother, we believe you.

Reply to
gfretwell

Dig that "can-phone" How tight do you need to stretch the string?

Reply to
clare

There is nothing to charge, you just need to pull the string tight and talk into the hole.

Reply to
gfretwell

Answered previously

Reply to
gfretwell

You are an excellent example of why we need to educate our children.

Reply to
Joe

You have given no reasoning as to why people should be allowed to have kids that they cannot afford to educate.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

Thank goodness the dullest knife in the drawer didn't reproduce.

Reply to
clare

I had one of those too. Yes the phone really worked well. I felt robbed on the flip phone too because it was terrible.

Reply to
Tekkie®

I never had a Pabst phone and the opener on the upper right is long lost...

Reply to
Tekkie®

Exactly, to fund the emergency call centers so they can Phase II your location off the GPS. Approximately 80% of 911 calls are from cells and callers don't know their location. All required by the FCC. There is a large back story to all this...

Reply to
Tekkie®

Why does the middle one look more like a taperecorder? What's with the play buttons?

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

On Thu, 31 Aug 2017 21:18:13 +0100, Tekkie=AE wrote= :

them that my analog phone would no longer work so they sent me a new dig= ital one. It's a little Nokia phone and it's quite old now. I don't own = a smartass phone and have no desire to. I just want something that makes= phone calls. If I want to watch cat videos, I have a computer. ?(?)?

Pabst is a brewing company. How does this relate to phones?

-- =

23% of all photocopier faults worldwide are caused by people sitting on = them and photocopying their buttocks.
Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

On Thu, 31 Aug 2017 21:25:44 +0100, Tekkie=AE wrote= :

rivate companies to do it aswell.

Last time I called the police it was quite weird, I could hear them tell= ing each other my location while I was trying to tell them my location.

-- =

Mary had a little lamb And nothing much besides. She took it to the county fair And got on all the rides.

For Mary was a clever girl Both in and out of bed, And the guys who didn't sample her Took on the sheep instead.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

Taxed and Spent posted for all of us...

As a long time volunteer emergency services disabled professional I really object to these postings. Walk a mile in my shoes. Go ahead and make assumptions. I can take it, I'm not a whiner...

Reply to
Tekkie®

Are you saying firemen are always out on a call, with nothing held in reserve? BAH.

Reply to
Taxed and Spent

+1 And thanks for the snippage.
Reply to