Telephone with a corded handset

Is there a telephone with a corded handset that will NOT be near a phone jack?

Reply to
Bob

I have some in a box sitting in my barn about a mile from the nearest phone jack.

What is your question?

Reply to
Taxed and Spent

Does anyone make a telephone with a corded handset that is NOT a base-unit?

Reply to
Bob

Yep ! ... look for the one with a reel long cord. :-)

hubops

Does anyone make a cordless telephone with a corded handset that is NOT a base-unit?

The base-unit would be plugged into a phone jack in a different room.

Reply to
Bob

Not sure theyare still available but there WERE cordless "desk sets" a few years back.

Reply to
clare

Do you mean a " butt set " ?

hubops

What would the purpose be of the cord - on such a cordless handset ?

... seems like a round wheel with square corners

Reply to
hubops

You can do it with a "Magic Jack" plugged into a wifi-connected computer or laptop.

Reply to
clare

So, you want a phone that connects to a base station, wirelessly, but you want that phone to have a corded handset?

Just out of curiosity, what would be the purpose in such an arrangement? How would it be of benefit compared to a standard cordless handset?

Reply to
Stormin' Norman

That is the magic search term.

Reply to
Taxed and Spent

Stormin' Norman:

My 95-year-old mother can't use a cordless handset; she wants to talk and listen using a corded handset.

(The phone jack -- into which a base-unit would be plugged -- is in a different room in her house).

Reply to
Bob

I'm not sure what you are looking for. Something has to plug into a jack. Years ago all phones were like that. Do you want a portable with the receiver in a separate base to hold it? Doubt you'll find one.

Are you wanting to put a phone in a room with no jack? Only way I know is to have a base in the room with the jack, portable in another and they are all cordless. I have four of them in the house. We have a total of seven phones in the house, plus two cell phones.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

IF they do, I've never seen such a thing, even in the past. Basically what you want is not really cordless, but a wireless cord type phone. The market for such a thing would be extremely limited to the point of non-existent. What's the special purpose in mind?

Reply to
trader_4

If you cannot find a cordless desk phone, you could also look for a cordless phone jack. Try Amazon.

Reply to
Stormin' Norman

It sounds to me like he wants an old style corded phone, with the handset attached by cord to the dialing part that sits on a table/wall, but that the dialing part should be wirelessly connected to a base unit that can be located elsewhere where there is a jack. Now why he wants that, IDK. But I've never seen one, even in years gone by, for obvious reasons.

Reply to
trader_4

another good suggestion, and cheaper than the "wireless desk set" option.

Reply to
Taxed and Spent

.. is this it ?

hubops

.. then she can use the old vintage dial phone - through a pulse-to-tone device ..

hubops

Maybe he wants the transmitting antenna further from his brain. A few feet is very different from a few inches (or less).

Reply to
croy