Telephone with a corded handset

She can use this intercom to call you to bring her the cordless handset:

Taxed and Spent

Bob-

A better approach would be to install a phone jack where your Mother wants the phone. If you can't do it, you can hire someone. That might be less expensive than your cordless corded phone!

Fred

Reply to
Fred McKenzie

That is a wireless phone jack, but the reviews are poor and it is not in stock at Walmart.

Reply to
Stormin' Norman

Or string a long telephone RJ-11 extension cable along the baseboards, down the hallway and thru the doors.

It won't be the prettiest, but it won't be permanent.

Like this one:

Retired

Basically a "tether" to keep it from wandering, and "old school" feel, I guess.

Reply to
clare

Why don't you just attach a lanyard between a cordless handset and its cradle?

Reply to
Taxed and Spent

Nope - not with IP Phones.

Plug standaed phone into "magic jack" - connect "magic jack" to wifi connected laptop. Set up Magic Jack.

Or for a wee bit more, use OOMA with the TELO adapter. Plug any phone you want into the OOMAbox, connected by WIFI to your internet.

Reply to
clare

Absolute total waste of electrons, from first hand experience.

Reply to
clare

I've tried the RCA units. As previously noted, a total waste of electroms. Absolutely totally useless, from my experience. Might have been because the 2 outlets I had to use were on opposite sides of the electrical service - but I think I tried them both on the same OUTLET and they still didn't work worth crap.

Reply to
clare
[snip]

That sounds like the first cordless phone I ever saw, around 50 years ago. It looked like a standard desk phone except with a (telescoping aluminum rod) antenna. It was being used next to a swimming pool.

I have no idea how you'd find something like that now.

Reply to
Mark Lloyd
[snip]

If a few inches matter for that, phones should be made with the antenna pointing DOWN.

Reply to
Mark Lloyd
[snip]

I've had similar (bad) experiences with wireless phone jacks.

Reply to
Mark Lloyd

Ebay? Probably small chance even there, but who knows.

Reply to
trader_4
[snip]

Maybe. If you could figure out what to ask for in no more than 3-4 words.

Reply to
Mark Lloyd

Good point. Anything to do with cordless phones, you'd get 2,000 hits, Which is an annoyance on Ebay for many items. They do have categories that help sometimes, but they need a filter for "complete item". Many times you want the complete thing, but a lot, or most of the hits are for pieces of it, parts for it, etc.

Reply to
trader_4

Have you been floowing this thread? "cordless desk set" is the magic search term.

Taxed and Spent

Well, that unit would be the *remote* cordless-only unit in Grandma's room, but it requires a companion *base* unit, which would connect to a land line wall jack in some other room.

Shown here:

Retired

yes, are you surprised?

Reply to
Taxed and Spent

Yes, I've been following the thread, but apparently you have not. The OP specifically asked for a CORDED phone that could be used away from the location of phone jack that's in another room. He wants a cord from the handset to the base. The phone you found is CORDLESS. We all know those exist and you can get one for one third that $140 price.

Reply to
trader_4

I see a cord from the handset to the base. It is cordless to the other room. This is a stupid thread anyway.

Reply to
Taxed and Spent