Telephone with a corded handset

You're right, my bad. I agree from what I see it does meet what the OP wanted. Not cheap though and he needs the other base half that it communicates with.

Reply to
trader_4
[snip]

I thought the OP wanted something simple.

Reply to
Mark Lloyd

This is simple, just expensive. Why is it expensive? Because there are only a few dopes in the world that would buy something like this.

Reply to
Taxed and Spent

Actually itm was a fairly successful business phone system. Good for small flexible office spaces where premise wiring was a problem.

Reply to
clare

This got me thinking, why would anyone want a business phone system that uses corded handsets? It would seem that cordless is more convenient, you can be talking to someone and go get something you need off the shelf, go get a cup of coffee, etc. I think maybe the issue is in an office of any size you'd have so many phones that the channel space, interference, among many phones, etc becomes an issue? But then you'd have the same wireless problem with this one, between all the bases and the main unit.

Reply to
trader_4

Ever heard the expression "You'd lose your head if it wasn't bolted on" ?

Some people (especially "office workers") would:

  1. misplace the handset and spend hours looking for it
  2. forget to put it in the charger overnite
  3. stick it in a pocket or purse, take it home, and forget to bring back next day
  4. or take it to lunch so no one in office could answer calls at that desk/station

also,

  1. be stolen by someone who thinks it's a cellphone
  2. some people (like the OP's Grandma) are not comfortable with a cordless handset or cellphone
Reply to
Retired

I agree, 1 through 1a are all very good reasons, I hadn't thought of. Also depends on the business. If it's some family business a cordless could be fine, if it's something where you have a bunch of min wage knuckleheads, who knows what they could do with an uncorded phone.

Reply to
trader_4