Corded curtain pulley ?

A few years ago, I bought a ready-corded curtain track from B&Q. Have no idea of the make, and they (obviously !) don't sell it any more.

It was adjustable - the actual rail were 2 "C" profiled pieces of metal which could slide to fit into the gap.

Last week, I noticed the cord was pilling ? And rather than have the pain of trying to replace it from scratch, I was able to use it to feed the new cord through quite easily.

However, my smugness was short lived, as I noticed that a clump of fibres had wrapped themselves around one of the plastic pulleys, which had jammed.

So for months/years the cord has been dragging across the pulley wearing it out of shape.

I realised as soon as I pulled the cord .... da-da-da-da-da-da-da-

There are two pulleys which are fitted into an end piece which then fits onto the "C" section.

A quick google suggests this is the badger

track---175m-079862

I can google further but wondered if anyone immediately knows of a possible source for spares ?

I suspect I will end up changing the entire endstop assembly with 2 pulleys, rather than trying to drill/re-rivet a single pulley from the assembly.

Reply to
Jethro_uk

Jethro_uk brought next idea :

If you happen to be not too far away from me, I think I still have the complete track which I took down some months ago. It is around 7 feet long.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

Many thanks for the offer. A bit of digging online revealed that B&Q still sold the item - *almost* identical, but certainly a direct replacement. £17 seems a bit steep to fix just the 10p pulley, but overall it was the quickest fix possible.

Corded curtains are one of those things which falls into the category of relatively cheap and simple, but which can ease life for the less able out of all recognition. SWMBO can operate curtains from the side, whereas because the sofa is in the way, would be unable to do so otherwise.

Best wishes all the same :)

Reply to
Jethro_uk