Why does corded curtain track have to be a continuous loop?

Why does corded curtain track have to be a continuous loop? open original image

We are choosing curtain tracks for our new extension and looking at corded tracks. However it seems all systems we can find, Swish, Silent Gliss etc only use continuous looped cords, which add another restriction, the loop must hang 90cm off the floor for child safety reasons. Sample picture attached. Why is there not an option to fit longer cords but separated, with weighted cord pulls, one to open and the other to close?

I calculated that if the length of hanging loop was at minimum half the width of the drawn curtain, plus an amount to hang below the track to allow for a reachable maximum height, then with the curtain at half drawn position the loop could be cut at the bottom-most point, to create two separate cords, attach a weight to each end, and that would be safer than a higher loop which a child could still reach after climbing onto furniture etc.

It’s easy enough to buy the weights, so this system is obviously still in use.

Reply to
Ben McDonnell