Screfix PVC Curtain Track

Does anyone have any experience with this Screfix PVC Curtain Track:

the curtains we're having made have black-out lining on them and so are probably a bit heavier than your average Ikea (for example) curtains. Is the track liekly to hold OK without bending too much over a 3m length bay window?

TIA

Reply to
elziko

Don't touch it. It's virtually impossible to get straight (or curved correctly), so you end up putting extra fixings to hold it, which means you'd have been better off buying a decent rail in the first place.

auctions

Thanks for the reply!

When you say 'rail' are you meaning that to be the same as 'track'?

Do you have any recommendations?

Reply to
elziko

Nothing wrong with the basic Swish type rail in a bay. I've never needed extra fixings, even with 2.5 fullness of heavy, lined curtains.

Reply to
Stuart Noble

Basically, what the others said ;) We have the same track in our bay, with heavy lined cotton curtains plus blackout linings and it's just about "ok" if you use enough fixings - ours has one fixing every 200mm.

I'd say get something better, really.

Lee

Reply to
Lee

OK I don't mind spending lots more if it really is going to be better and it doesn't sound like you're too happy with yours!

At B&Q they have a corded 4m (I actually need 3.1m) 'heavyweight' track which is £40 - is this the sort of price you need to pay to get decent quality tracks? The corded side of things is a bonus I suppose.

TIA

Reply to
elziko

I don't know what "better" means in this context. Corded aren't any stronger, and there are more bits to clog up and malfunction. If you keep the rail lubricated with a wipe of Mr.Sheen now and again, the standard Swish works well.

Reply to
Stuart Noble