Attach drill bit to cordless screwdriver?

Can I get an attachment so my small cordless screwdriver (1/4 inch hexagonal socket) can hold a small drill bit (eg 2mm)?
Sometimes I want to drill a hole but don't really want to get out my large cordless drill.
Thanks Alex
(I know there are mini drill kits like a Dremel but I would rather use my cordless screwdriver.)

Sir might need some of these...
http://tinyurl.com/2zbexd

No he doesn't. You can't fit a round shaft in a hex chuck.
--
Regards,
Stuart.

No one said he could You can use them in between your fingers and twist to make the hole. Alternatively putting them in a chuck will speed up the process.

I assume English is not your first language?
--
Regards,
Stuart.
snipped-for-privacy@gglz.com wrote:

Be careful of these, the bit is just glued into the hex portion so when it says "not for high torque applications" believe them. I have managed to "spin" the bits in the hex portions on two (admittedly cheepo) of these hex shanked bits.
--
www.cheesesoup.myby.co.uk

soup wrote:

I did exactly the same - and glued the drill bit back into the hex with polyurethane glue - still using it.
--
Dave
The Medway Handyman

Normal way would be to use drill bits with a hex end. I noticed them in B&Q the other day.
--
*Oh, what a tangled website we weave when first we practice *

http://www.tooled-up.com/Product.asp?PID "842&MAN=Ck-1-4-inch-Keyless-Hex-Chuck
--
Regards,
Stuart.

Well done mate. It looks just right. Thank you.

No problem. :)
--
Regards,
Stuart.
Alex wrote:

Either get a small chuck with hex shaft:
http://www.axminster.co.uk/product.asp?pf_id 046&name=chuck&user_search=1&sfile=1&jump=0
or a set of bits with hex shank.
--
Cheers,

John.

Either of those will get the bit into the codless tool, but codless screwdrivers can have low rpm for drilling. One way to greatly speed drilling up is to regrind the bits to steep cutting angles. http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php?title=Drill_Bits#Making_steep_angle_twist_drills
NT

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php?title=Drill_Bits#Making_steep_angle_twist_drills
On a 2mm drill? Good luck. ;-)
--
*Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

snipped-for-privacy@care2.com wrote:

Would buying a larger codpiece help improve your tool?
Owain

Thank you too. This looks like what I am looking for.
Alex wrote:

Yes, I liked it as well, the postage cost is off putting though!

Thing to note with these is you won't get a good fit with a plug in chuck - it will wobble to some extent. Which will be a PITA for accuracy - especially with smaller drill sizes.
--
*The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese *