mira 88 + combi boiler

Hi All,

My parents are getting a new combi boiler fitted, they have a Mira 88 mixer shower installed at the moment, can anyone say if this shower will be compatible with the combi boiler? I have googled it but didnt get too far.

TIA

CG

Reply to
Cuprager

Sort of... It is designed for low pressure operation really, but we have one here that has been upgraded to a mains fed supply (at about 4 bar), and it does work.

You may find that on low flow rates the valve "whines" or makes a noise of some form, usually cranking up the flow rate helps eliminate this. We also found that fitting a shower head with more flow resistance also helped reduce the noise problem.

Note that this model is not thermostatic, and hence temperature will be affected by other water users in the house. You may also find adjusting the temperature requires a little more care since you can end up with a largish dead zone in the control, and most of the adjustment concentrated in a small amount of adjustment. This will depend a little on how good your mains flow rate and the power of the combi (the more the better in each case)

Reply to
John Rumm

Thanks for the reply John. I will monitor it once the boiler goes in and replace if it is unacceptable.

Cheers again.

Reply to
Cuprager