Combi boiler on an outside wall?

Can a combi boiler be fitted (in a weatherproof cupboard) on an outside wall.
We have a small cottage kitchen and I want to get rid of it when it's replaced fairly soon.
Thanks in advance,
Keith

Tony

no, keep it inside and relegate something else to the waterproof cupboard or the roof space.
Jim A
On Sun, 07 Jan 2007 16:58:27 +0000, Keith (Dorset) wrote:

Gas boilers are generally only for indoor installations. If you make a brick-built extension (like an outdoor privy) for the boiler so effectively it's got it's own room and it's indoors then that should be OK, but if you're thinking of some sort of prefabricated (or homemade) enclosure you should check with the boiler manufacturer that it's OK, otherwise you may find you've got an albatross when it comes to get it installed, repaired or to sell the house.

My neighbours oil fired combi boiler is outside, been there a couple of years now, certainly no room inside the cottage!
Des