Shower problem mira 88 (old pre 1984

This unit was fitted then I bought the house. My idea is to replace the center valve unit only. eg. Undo the two water feeds, remove the center unit from back mounting, mount new valve reconnect the water feeds job done. So is the center valve unit available with or without the two side crome parts? If it is where could I get one?

Reply to
iceweasal

Having had a problem with my mira 88 mixer I got my plumber in, expecting him to change the seals and washers, as I have done in the past (bit past that now). I am going to change the internals he said, more expensive but better than changing seals and washers. He had some trouble getting the mixer apart but it now works better and more smoothly than it has for many years.

Reply to
Old Codger

You can probably still get service kits for those. Lets you replace all the seals and get them working well again. Have you tried shower doctor?

Reply to
John Rumm

If you go directly to Mira

they claim to repair your shower for a fixed price of £159.

Reply to
Old Codger

They do. I had my 915b done a few months ago. They fitted over £400 worth of parts at shower doctor prices. A complete set of flow and temperature valves (items 2 and 14 on shower doc).

You do only get a 12 month warranty even though its is essentially a new shower.

Reply to
dennis