Mira Event with Combi Question

Hello folks!

I need some advice and hope the collective wisdom in uk-diy can help! We're replacing our current gravity-fed central heating (Baxi Boiler HW tank etc) with a Combi boiler (sales guys have suggested the Worcester Bosh 28i Junior), however we currently have a Mira Excel power shower. The sales guy has said the shower's not something they'd touch, and I'm fairly certain we can't run it with the combi. Therefore is there any easy way to deactivate or bypass the pump section of the shower? Or could I just cut the power to the pumps? If not, I take it we'll need to get it removed and re-plumbed to a standard (or thermostatic) mixer?

While I'm posting, does anyone have any views (good or bad) on the WB 28i Junior boiler? There doesn't seem to be a large number of posts re problems on uk-diy so is it a reliable unit? Will it give a decent, hot shower? The house is a 3 bed with 8 rads.

Thanks for any and all replies!

L Reid

Reply to
L Reid

Try reading the boiler choice FAQ.

You are choosing to go form a stored and pumped HW giving high flow and moderate pressure to a combi which gives modest flow and high pressure.

It might work if you simply cut it's power but it might also restrict the flow too much to be useful.

Reply to
Ed Sirett

Thanks for the responses re the boiler, however does anyone know whether I need to disable / bypass the power shower and how best to do this? Will it need removed?

Thanks!

L Reid

Reply to
L Reid