What staples and machine for Hardboarding a floor

Dear All,

I need to hardboard a floor before the carpet fitters arrive.

What type of staples (and what cheap stapler should I buy from SCREWFIX) or nails should I use?

The local DIY shop sold me some hardboard nails but they cause huge holes in the floor boards when pulled out ( as a test)

Previously the house had some hardboard underlay that was "Stapled" and this seemed produced less damage when removed from the floor boards and still seemed to secure the hardboard effectively.

thanks for any advice.

regards

davy

Reply to
davy

?cId=102094&ts=48241&id=10021

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

You sure you've got the right nails? Hardboard nails are square section coppered or Sheradised nails with a head that nearly disappears into the hardboard when knocked in. They pull out easily. Have you got jagged plasterboard nails, or something?

Reply to
Chris Bacon