Combiforce shower pressure query

Hi

We have a combi boiler and currently have a Mira Combiforce 415 EV shower. It is brilliant - really good pressure.

We are having our bathroom refitted and, as the shower is circa 1988 and will be in a different part of the bathroom, are going to replace it. As it's so good we thought we'd bet the 2006 version of the same shower.

Our current Mira Combiforce 415 EV says it has a : minium operating pressure of 1.0 bar maximum operating pressure 7.0 bar maximum static pressure 10.0 bar

The new Mira Combiforce 415 EV says it has a : minimum maintained pressure of 1.0 bar maximum maintained pressure of 5.0 bar maximum static pressure of 10.0 bar

We are not technical, I don't know if I'm looking at the right bit of the information sheets, but as one of the maximum pressures quoted is less, we want to make sure we aren't going to put in a less powerful shower ...

Thanks in advance for any comments

Regards, Val

Reply to
Val Davies

All it is telling you is how much pressure the mechanism can work with. The actual pressure will be dictated by your mains supply.

Since that will be unchanged, the pressure at the shower should also be the same.

The only problem that you could potentially have is if your mains operating pressure was routinely over 5 bar (i.e. very high so not that likely). Where the older shower would cope with it and the newer one may not.

Reply to
John Rumm

Quite frankly, if your mains supply at the shower actually had a pressure of

5 bar when operating, you'd need hospital treatment for the pummelling you would receive! Well, maybe not. However, it would be uncomfortable. Most people prefer about 1-2 bar to limit water velocity to sub-painful levels.

The actual operating pressure you get will vary on a number of things, including the static pressure of your supply, pipework bores and your shower hose and head.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle