CRT TV into fish tank?

Is this even possible?

I would have thought breaking a CRT tube in one place only to add water would be pretty difficult.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

They just build a tank inside the cabinet. The CRT is thrown away. This is not really a good candidate tho. The best will be one of those old wooden "furniture" pieces with a TV inside. Then you either buy a tank that is the right size or you make one with glass and RTV. This used to be a pretty good way to recycle an old tube style TV but I have not seen one recently.

Reply to
gfretwell

It's not really recycling it as the tube and electronics aren't used at all. Just the outer casing.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

My dentist has a big screen tv in the torture room with nature scenes playing. I think it's supposed to relax nervous patientts.

I had a 9" color tv that broke and I broke off the neck and a little more, filled it with dirt, and planted a house plant in it. I thought maybe the phosphorous would affect how it grew, but iirc it did average.

Eventually I stopped watering all my plants, they died, and I thought the picture tube away.

Reply to
micky

Best way to take your mid of dental work is to get a sexy one, like the one in the blue shirt:

Oh my god, how can you watch films on something that small?

Fertiliser has three components, one of which is phosphorus. So it was missing the other two, and the phosphorous probably has to be in the right compounds for the plant to be able to use it.

You thought it away? Is that like telekinesis?

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

There is a bar in Captiva Fl with a mirror behind the bar. It is a one way and you can see the bar from the men's room. It is a way to watch your drink ... and your woman while you are taking a leak..

Reply to
gfretwell

And if you're in the bar, put your eyes against the mirror and cup your hands around your face to make it dark, you can see people pissing.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

And if you're in the bar, put your eyes against the mirror and cup your hands around your face to make it dark, you can see people pissing.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

And if you're in the bar, put your eyes against the mirror and cup your hands around your face to make it dark, you can see people pissing.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

Listen here boy, if you need to worry about your woman while you step away from the bar for a few minutes, you'd be better off dating a better class of woman...and if you need to worry about your drink, you need to find a higher class bar ;-)

Reply to
Wade Garrett

Why not just finish the drink before going?

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

This was behind the bar so you would have to move a bunch of stuff to get to the mirror.

Reply to
gfretwell
[snip]

My dentist has a video printer. I've never seen it used, maybe if you ask for a picture of the torture.

[snip]

I suppose it's a typo, but I am still reminded of Anthony (the boy in the Twilight Zone movie who thought people away, to the cornfield).

Reply to
Mark Lloyd

and if they turn on the bright lights she can see you.

Reply to
Sam E

What do you do when she lights a cigarette, takes two puffs, and puts it out in your drink? Remember you're not supposed to see that.

Reply to
Sam J

How on earth do you print a moving picture?

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

I'd come back out and do the same to hers, then watch her reaction.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword