8th largest army in world deploys...

... kills as many targets as they can find while experiencing no casualties!

"The state of Wisconsin has ... over 600,000 hunters. Allow me to restate that number. Over the last two months, the eighth largest army in the world ? more men under arms than Iran; more than France and Germany combined ? deployed to the woods of a single American state to help keep the deer menace at bay."

HeyBub

I've been saying this for 40 yrs. A foreign land army wouldn't get half a state from the beaches before being defeated. Every redneck, yokel, hunter, militia nut, and gun collector in the Us would be mounted up and rolling within minutes of the news. This is why I found the movie Red Dawn totally preposterous. Those piñata pinkos woulda' been wiped out in 24 hrs. And AKs vs scoped 300 WinMags? Puh-leeze!

nb

Reply to
notbob

Nobody thinks we can WIN in Afghanistan. The object has always been not to lose.

Plus, it's a lot of fun to kill them.

Reply to
HeyBub

Once again, I've posted to the wrong group.

My abject apologies. I must now sit in the corner and feel shame.

Soon as I refill my noggin.

Reply to
HeyBub

The object has always been, and always will be, to keep the military-industrial complex rolling in $$$$. Exporting war is our primary business. Duh!

nb

Reply to
notbob

The way the US fights wars is like hunting. The animals (Afghanistans, others ) are not to be wiped out,but they are killed off like culling animals. You kill a few and let a few live so you can hunt them next year. If we were really serious about winning a war, we would do like WW2 in part. No problem with fire bombing Tokyo that killed thousands of people, or dropping the atomic bomb.

Reply to
Ralph Mowery

The Mama's boys/women Politicians/Wall Street would not let us fight WWII now. We would be promising aid and trade treaties if they would leave Europe and us alone alone. Just like N Korea is doing. There would be Nevil Chamberlins giving away our border states, and so on.

Reply to
Lil Abner

? "HeyBub" wrote

>Once again, I've posted to the wrong group.>> My abject apologies. I must now sit in the corner and feel shame.>> Soon as I refill my noggin.>Nah, it was still interesting for us here.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

The object now is to secure the Trillions of dollars worth of lithium deposits found in July in Afghanistan by American geologists. So expect the US to be there for many years because of the potential trillions of dollars of an important mineral like lithium. The stuff is used to make cell phone batteries and more and more batteries for just about every small electronic device. Whoever controls this will have the corner on the market for sure.

Reply to
Teredo

Ya mean like we didn't 'lose' in Viet Nam? That is exactly the way Afghanisstan will end...with US dragging our tails out of there just like the Russians did.

Harry K

Reply to
Harry K

Screw the lithium. It's the poppies that keep us there. Under the Taliban, as cruel and barbaric as they are, they stopped the trade in poppies, a major source of heroin. Since we've taken over, the the heroin flow is secured and going full tilt boogie. Can't have our whole anti-drug bureaucracy shrinking and the private prison industry losing $$$$! Jes like our kill-people war machine, the anti-drug war is a mucho big business.

nb

Reply to
notbob

Glad you agree with our heroic Marines, when they blasted innocent civilians from their choppers, while having fun conversations over their radios. Wheee! Such fun!

See video at YouTube. Watch the whole thing.

That's the war crime Bradley Manning tried to bring to his superior officers' attention. Instead of punishing the criminals, the military arrested the kid, and now he has been in the brig for months, WITHOUT BEING CHARGED OR BROUGHT TO TRIAL! Kept in torture conditions. No sleep, no exercise, no human contact.

Will they break him so he will turn on the WikiLeaks founder? Stay tuned for the next episode in "American Justice".

HB

Reply to
Higgs Boson

Now, now, let's be fair! There's another important objective: To keep the OIL flowing!

To that end, we kiss up to the worst dictatorial regimes in the world, and arrange to kill anybody who tries to upset the situation. Like poor Saddam; he would still be at liberty to drop his Shi'ite opponents into acid if he hadn't tried to upset our cozy deal with the Saudis: You keep the oil price stable and you can do anything you want to your people. Only now it's coming out that the money we send Saudi for the oil is sent right on to our Taliban friends...money covered with the blood of our troops and of innocent civilians in Afghanistan and Iraq. AND Pakistan, don't forget; our Pakistani friends who receive gazillions of dollars from the U.S. Makes our puny contributions to Israel, which IS on our side, look like play dough.

Reply to
Higgs Boson

Since when was Israel on anyone's side but their own? (same could be said for pretty much anyone in that whole area though)

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

Hmmm, Suggested reading for you if you did not read them. "Black Water", "Good soldier" Be informed citizen.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Of course, General Eisenhower was RIGHT!

Reply to
Tony Hwang

...except the states on the coasts have banned guns.

Reply to
krw

Likely. Congress likes to do stupid things.

If the leftists have anything to say about it, certainly.

Reply to
krw

At least someone here can see.

Reply to
krw

Hey it's not easy in the annual war on deer, Four purple hearts were earned this year on opening day of battle.

FWIW my dogs love deer meat, it's their favorite.

Reply to
Fat Dumb & Happy