Re: World's Largest Blooming Flower in D.C.

Every time this plant blooms, the same misinformation abounds.

titanicum has the world's largest inflorescence not flower.

The tiny flowers are crowded around the base of the phallic-looking spadix.

The world's largest flower is Raffesia arnoldii.

Interesting story: > >
> Glad it's not in my garden! > > Janine >
Reply to
Cereoid-UR12-

will we get pictures of this flower from someone?

-- read and post daily, it works! rosie

if past history was all there was to the game, the richest people would be librarians. ............................................ warren buffett

Reply to
rosie readandpost

BTW, Plant Delights did sell this in spring of this year, and may do so again.

Suja

Reply to
Suja

Uh, I feel like I'm stating the obvious here, but the USBG has photos (still and time-lapse) on their web site, and a link to their site accompanied the article that jrstark mentioned.

BTW, the USBG site was very responsive last night but is being very sluggish today. I suspect that it's getting a lot more traffic than usual!

Patty

Reply to
Patty Winter