Sunlit world globe

I recently inherited my fathers Sunlit World Globe in prime condition but there is no instruction booklet to be found. Is there some way to obtain an instruction booklet for this item so I can put it to use. It rotates and lights up but I can not figure out how to set the time on the ring so it is correct for my location, right now it shows 5 AM and should be 10 AM. Any help you could provide me would be appreciated. The globe is discontinued and have googled for a manual or instruction book but no results.

I have tried to contact the company by email but so far no reply.

Reply to
JAS

I have no idea how it works but (just as an example) when it shows 10AM unplug it...then at 10AM tomorrow, plug it in.

Reply to
philo

Just locate your city on the globe, then slowly move your finger toward the equator. Lightly mark that spot with a pencil point, then align that poin t with current time on the time ring. Plug in and turn on.

It looks like the globe has a pointer on the side to correctly set the tilt for this time of year. April & August: 12 degrees toward the sun. May & July: 20 degrees. June, full tilt(23.5deg). For winter months, tilt the north pole away from the sun(so it is in shaded part of lit globe) by same amounts.

Remember during Daylight Stupid Time(!) you must set the globe BACK one hou r, to correspond with setting clocks ahead one hour.

You can confirm correct adjustment by checking local sunrise or set with yo ur local newspaper.

Reply to
thekmanrocks

JAS,

These folks list your globe and offer free literature.

George Cram invented this globe.

Dave M.

Reply to
David L. Martel