8th largest army in world deploys...

Then they've dug their own graves.

It's hard to believe that even you are that full of shit.

Reply to
krw

NY, NJ, PA,...

"The coasts" generally refers to the East and West coasts, but you knew that.

You do that. Stop the Kalifornicans, too, or it'll do no good.

Reply to
krw

I don't think "revenge" is a very good motive.

"... And the rockets red glare, the bombs bursting in air, Gave proof through the night that our flag was still there;..."

Reply to
HeyBub

Yeah, but why not fanatical against the guys actually CAUSING the problems? That is the part I don't understand. Even in those circumstances, the cause and effect relationship could be seen.

And some time the Palestinians will have to realize that they aren't Israel's pawns as much as they are expendable cannon fodder for Hamas, etc. Largest part of the reason the Palestinians are in the hurt locker is because Israel gave up the territory. Within Israel, the Palestinians are treated better, have access to jobs, have their healthcare and other services taken care of.

Reply to
Kurt Ullman

It's a lie that it was "revenge for 9/11", harry.

Reply to
krw

Are you as certain about that as you were on "Never a bomb fell on America"?

Reply to
HeyBub

There were about 15 people who actually "liked" Jesus. All those in power hated Him. They hated Him so much that, well, ...

I'd like the Palestinians too, if they, like Jesus, were dead.

Reply to
HeyBub

Right motive, wrong act. It was supposed to be revenge for the attempt on GWHB's life.

Some also think taking out a genocidal dictator had some value.

I think we took out Saddam so Israel would not have to. We are going to have a war with Iran for the same reason.

Reply to
gfretwell

He probably never heard of the Japanese balloon bombs in WWII. The US covered it up because they did not want the Japs to know it was working. The other foreign power to "bomb" the US was Britain.

Reply to
gfretwell

There's a long a list of genocidal dictators flourishing at that exact period in time. Only difference: They did not have oil, nor were they threatening to disrupt the (un)holy alliance between the U.S. and the Saudis by destroying OPEC and denominating oil in Euros instead of Dollars.

HB

The West would be delighted if Israel did the job, like they did with the Iraqi Osirak reactor back in 1981. That is one of the most thrilling stories of all time. : "Raid on the Sun"tells the true story of the raid. Eight planes flew from Israel on that mission; none knew if they would ever return. The last plane -- ergo the most risky one

-- was piloted by Ilan Ramon. He later became the first Israeli astronaut to fly a US mission to the space station, and was killed along with the other astronauts in the Challenger disaster.

HB

Reply to
Higgs Boson

Wasn't Pearl Harbor considered part of America as a military base? I realize it happened before Hawaii became a state but aren't U.S. military bases considered like U.S. territory like an embassy?

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

I was thinking about the AMERICAN continent but that is a good point. For that matter the Japanese actually invaded and held the Philippines and a couple of islands in Alaska, both US territories at the time.

Reply to
gfretwell

It was a possession or territory of the United States, rather like Peurto Rico or Guam are still. Alaska was also, at the time.

Reply to
krw