This has become a very Scary World to live in.

This has become a very Scary World to live in.

It's not the economy, not politics, not the threats of hurricanes, tornados earthquakes, nuclear war and other disasters. It's not even terrorism.

What it is, are bladders. We now have human bladders with arms, legs, and big blue eyes that stare at people, and drag people around by their hands and force them to go to public restrooms. And God only knows what they do once they get you into the restroom, and it's only You and that Bladder.... Absolutely frightening!!!!

Reply to
Paintedcow

For the last 35 years I have never needed to set an alarm clock.

I have a built-in bladder alarm.

I know how much water to drink, to wake up at any specific time.

Reply to
philo

I get a big laugh out of these commercials that say "50% of men over the age of 50 will have to get up to piss during the night". I had to get up to piss when I was 15, 25, 40, 50 and more.... In other words, all my life. And back when I would drink far too much beer, I'd have to get up every half hour all night long to piss.... But all of a sudden, pissing during the night is a bad thing.... (Of course because there is money to be made by convincing people that pissing during the night is a bad thing)....

Reply to
Paintedcow

snipped-for-privacy@unlisted.moo posted for all of us...

You seem to piss here quite a bit. Do you have a UTI?

Reply to
Tekkie®

Only bad if you don't get out of bed first.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Or if you piss in your water bottle by mistake.

Reply to
Sam E

Yes, it is funny !!! You kind of wonder who writes those commercials and what kind of drugs they take.... :)

Reply to
Paintedcow

Why not drink less in the evening?

Reply to
Mr Macaw

Errr.... a sewer is precisely where your pee goes anyway, so you did good.

In the UK we do people for crimes 50 years ago.

Reply to
Mr Macaw

It is a funny commercial:

Frank

The biggest cost of new drug development used to be R&D but now it is advertising. They need to make a bundle selling it before the patent expires. Myrbetriq is about $5/pill.

Reply to
Frank

Try cannabis.

Reply to
Mr Macaw

What is R&D ?

I fail to understand the purpose of advertising prescribed meds. Do people actually go to their doctors and tell them what drugs they want, based on commercials? I'd think most doctors would not prescribe the stuff anyhow, unless the patient needs it.

When I go to the doctor, I let the doctor determine what I need. Then I ask the doctor if I really need it, or if it's just to cover up pain or symptoms, because I am not one to take drugs unless they are absolutely necessary. Generally the side efffects are worse than the illness anyhow.

And if you listen to all the side effects in those commercials, I'd not even want the stuff.

Reply to
Paintedcow

PaintedCow wrote: "What it is, are bladders. We now have human bladders with arms, legs, and big blue eyes that stare at people, and drag people around by their hands and force them to go to public restrooms. And God only knows what "

Is this a reference to that bladder control commercial? :D

Reply to
thekmanrocks

R&D is research and development.

It is the work to discover the drug and test it including field trials. Then there is the huge effort to get FDA approval. It literally takes a room full of documentation.

Even if a drug has been approved for medical use in 50 other countries which even include areas that are tough to get approval like Japan and EU, it must go through the same intensive process at the FDA.

With only a few years left on the patent the drug companies advertise heavily to make money during that period. I've been to the doctors where there are more drug salesmen in the waiting room than patients.

Might mention that it takes about three years to get a generic drug through the FDA and this benefits the original drug company.

Reply to
Frank

as well it should since often bad side effects are uncovered.......

Reply to
bob haller

Even former FDA commissioner said 3 years to approve generic drugs is too long. It is strictly for the profitability of the brand drug manufacturer.

Unfortunately sometimes it takes large scale use to find some side effects. Same reason I prefer not to buy a new model car as defects may not be discovered until later.

I only know of one case, fen-phen, where side effects were covered up by drug manufacturer. They paid dearly.

Reply to
Frank

Also, thalidomide was a bit of a problem.

. .

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Not sure a cover-up was involved with thalidomide but FDA keeps bringing up 60 year+ old example as why they must be so vigilant.

Reply to
Frank

Got to have some thing to point at. Kind of like in the book Animal Farm, where the pig, Squealer, kept saying "surely you don't want Jones to come back!". And as he pranced back and forth, his curled tail wagging in the most convincing manner. One at a time, the animals agreed with him until the matter was settled.

Surely, you don't want another thalidomide event, Frank? (As stumbling Mormon slammed clumsily from wall to wall).

Reply to
Stormin Mormon